Lost my best friend today

150fighter

Had to put down my dog that I grew up with today. She has been with me for most of my life, since I was 7. Just last week she was up and running around, then all of a sudden her hips just gave out and her insides turned against her. She was 12 years old

Its like losing a family member, I hate it.

Sorry to hear about it my friend.
Dogs aren't with us forever, but they sure make our lives better when they are with us. She is in a better place. You will see her again someday.

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

Daniel- Sorry to hear about your dog. That is tough to have someone for so long and then all of a sudden....gone. Enjoy the memories you have of her. Time will heal you!

Steve

That's one of the hardest things you'll ever have to do. It leaves a hole in your heart for a while, but you should remember the good times you shared with her. I know how it is, I lost my first black lab six years ago. I couldn't bring myself to take him to the vet, and the day before I was finally going to take him, he passed away. I took him up to my duck club, gave him a final ride around the marsh in our boat and then buried him on a mound near the pond where he'd retrieved more birds than anywhere else. I still look fondly at that spot when I'm out hunting.

My current lab is over 11 years old, so we're not that far behind you. Hang in there, you'll get better.

Sorry Son......This is one of lifes' really harsh lessons.

I read a poem from a dog once and the bottom line was..."I'm waiting for you outside the gates of Heaven, but I won't go in, because it won't be Heaven for me till you get here"....

Get a new puppy real soon....he won't be the same, don't try to make him. Men need dogs in their lives, they help you live longer.

They don't call dogs "man's best friend" for nothing.

Sorry for your loss. mine dog isnt far from going now.

Do you think the time is right?
May I say goodbye to pain filled days and endless lonely nights?
I've lived my life and done my best, an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond, and set my spirit free?
I didn't want to go at first, I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now to a warm and living light.
I want to go, I really do; it's difficult to stay.
But I will try as best I can to live just one more day.
To give you time to care for me and share your love and fears.
I know you're sad and afraid, because I see your tears.
I'll not be far, I promise that, and hope you'll always know,
That my spirit will be close to you wherever you may go.
Thank you so for loving me. You know I love you too,
And that's why it's hard to say goodbye and end this life with you.
So hold me now just one more time and let me hear you say,
Because you care so much for me, you'll let me go today.

You have my sympathy 150fighter, I went through the same thing a year ago and it's not easy. It's never easy losing a good friend like that, take care.

Slide

My condolences. I went thru the same ordeal just a couple months back. I agree with what some of the others have said. Get a new pup soon, it won't replace your friend but you will make a new friend in the process. A dog is man's best friend, they are always there for you no matter the circumstances. A guy once told me he has more patience & respect for dogs than he does for people, after I thought about it the same holds true for me!

People who love animals will always have my respect whether I like them or not, those who don't have something missing in their lives. I lost a dog 10 years ago, have not had another until just 2 weeks ago and I got another Chesapeake.

By the numbers you gave, I take it you're 19 years old. You are entering a very eventful part of your life. Unless your life style warrants, I would advise not getting one at this stage of your life until you can give a dog your all, after all they're worth it.

Wish you the best, you'll always miss him, thats just the way it is for those who love animals.

Man that's gotta be hard. I feel for you. I have a chocolate lab that just turned 5 and it's already killing me that he's not gonna be around forever. Keep your head up. They really are "mans best friend".

I feel for ya man, reminds me of BILLY my childhood dog that got put down two years ago (14 yrs old). It sucks but it does get better. I still laugh when I look at old pictures with him in them. Of course it's tough, it is your best friend. Sorry for your loss...........

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom