Lost, Now Stolen Swarovski Spotting Scope

cammoman33

Just thought that I would get on here and let everyone know about a little ordeal me and a buddy have been going through now. Was hoping it was going to end a little different, but now it is just going to get ugly I guess.
Anyway, this year during hunting season, I had my swarovski spotter lost. It was an ordeal that neither me, nor my friend knew about, but long story short, it was found by someone, and the someone is aware that I am the owner, and I do have serial numbers, and this person was also offered a reward. BUT, because other individuals are involved, and have been told that this persons father is not allowing this individual to give it back, and now I am at wits end. I didn't want it to get to this but the cops and all are now involved, and I have been told that this is going to be a felony level conviction, granted that I can prove it is mine, which I can, I still have all boxes and receipts, and serial numbers.
Just wanted to vent out a little, and let people know what is happening with this. I have been patient hoping things wouldn't come to this, but, now they are.
Thanks for listening.

This person, that went around telling people about it. He even asked certain people about the place he picked it up at. I thought that once this guy found out that the owner(me), knew about it, even offered a reward, that he would return the scope. I am not going into names right now, but as soon as this is settled I will.
Just wondering, what would you all do.

He will probley sale it as soon as he knows the law is coming and you will never see it again. But good luck man! I had my truck window smashed in and lost new pack, brand new binos, and brand new camera $3000 hit! I feel your pain.

hornkiller.jpg

I can't believe he didn't return it if presented with a serial number. A felony conviction means you can never again posses a gun or a pocket knife, etc.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-16-13 AT 03:16PM (MST)[p]What area of did this take place.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Post the LowLife Bastards Name!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Elkassasin geeze don't let them post my name, I just wanted a chance to see the game for once. I am kidding of course but yes post his name and photo. If I see him in the woods Ill knock him around for ya.

What some TARDS will do for a Pair of SWARO'S!

Like I've said many times!

As mad as you get at modern day kids,alot of times it's the Parents that need their Asses kicked!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

>As mad as you get at
>modern day kids,alot of times
>it's the Parents that need
>their Asses kicked!

So very true Bess!

Zeke

Let me get this story right before jumping in with an opinion. Feel free to make any corrections to the sequence.

1. You lost your Swaros somewhere in the field, but didn't know you lost them.
2. A person found them and then talked about finding them and you heard about it through the grape vine.
3. You confronted the person saying the reward for finding my Swaros is $100 and you would like them back.
4. He said No to your reward request.
5. You told authorities that you have the matching serial number and they are going to charge the person with a felony for stealing.

Nripepi has it straight as its been given to us....

Before I say this, let me preface by saying that if this were me in this situation, under no circumstance period would I keep the glass if I knew that the owner had lost them and I had found them...I'd give them back with a smile and a 'glad I could help out'

however, if the law applies the same to this as it does to trail cams and you lost it on public ground, then the kid has a right to keep them under certain circumstances if I remember the law right. I could be totally off on this cause i'm just thinking this is off a memory not any kind of actual statue.

Is it MORAL?? Not a chance and its down right scummish if you ask me, but it aint his fault you lost them, and it is his good fortune that he found them. That's why we have to lock box our trail cams, tree stands and anything else that is valuable cause in some case it's finders keepers....

https://www.facebook.com/strawberrybayoutfitters

BB, I certainly don't know the laws but I could see where this is a high dollar item and he can prove ownership with serial numbers that authorities may be more willing to get involved.

So?

If Trail Cams!

And Expensive Glass such as SWARO's!

Are Fair Game?

I'm in the Market/Need of a Newer Cummins!

If I find one Parked on Public Ground is it 'Finders Keepers'?

I found a nice fat 600 lb steer, that was lost out in the NF. I yelled for 2 min for the owner. No one showed so I shot the steer and took it home. JK Hope you get your glass back.

DZ

Quit stomping up and down. If you have witnesses, and the law says you can charge him, then charge him. If that doesn't work take him to small claims court. If that doesn't work - lick your wounds and move on.

so what's happening in the World turns series.

so what was the outcome of this deal, Did you get them back.

Worst case: everyone died and the optics were lost forever!
Silence is all we hear!
Zeke

>Worst case: everyone died and the
>optics were lost forever!
>Silence is all we hear!
>Zeke

LMAO Zeke

Jake H. SHED OR DEAD IT DONT MATTER TO ME!!!
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

silence is golden sometimes. LOL

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-14 AT 05:24PM (MST)[p]Just a suggestion but why don't you open a twitter account and post the drama there instead on a hunting forum:)

Maybe because it hunting related.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom