Lost senate because of war?

AspenAdventures

Very Active Member
Fact: Many news stations are saying Repubs lost the Senate because of the war in Iraq.

Fact: Lieberman is a Democrat in Connecticut that supports the war.

Fact: There was another woosie up for election under the Democratic Nomination in that state.

Fact: Lieberman was voted in office as a Democrat, with another antiwar Demcrat running, even though he is for the war.

So the deductive logic is that people who voted for Lieberman must agree with his views more than his opponents.

So, as you can see Reubs did not lose this election based on the war as CNN would have you believe.

My fear is that Repubs will now think that they have lost the senate and need to me more Democratic. I don't think so. Americans voted for Dems because the Repubs were not solving any issues and ha dleft their conservative ways.

Border Control, Social Security, Medicare, National Security, Fiscal Responsibility, and many other issues have a conservative solution but I'll be darned if a Republican controlled house, Senate, and president could do anything about it. They lost their power because they started acting more like dems and fems than men who knew how to fix a problem and just get it done.

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Lieberman was elected as an independent but will vote with the dems he's already said.the reason he was re elected is because he will retain his seniority and power and be able to do good things for his home state. the republicans did lose because of the war trying to act like men who thought they knew how to fix a problem as you say, but they didn't. if it wasn't the war that lost them congress then they're mega losers on every other issue.

The point is that Lieberman supports the WAR so it was not about the WAR. The other guy wanted to tuck tail and run. Lieberman won the election as an independant, so what? That was not the point. The point is that in a dem state Lieberman won even though he supports the war.

You are right the Repubs are major losers on every other issue. They make dems these days look conservative. Repubs spend like dems of the 30's and 40's. Repubs don't care about imigration. Repubs constituents want to fix the gay marriage issue but they are afraid. Like I said the dems makd the Repubs look conservative.

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

You are trying to make sense of politics? I've been trying to see the logic for years and it just isn't there. I never vote for someone, just against a few. Oddly enough they are all millionaires running against each other and they are all out for one person.

I hate to admit it fellows, but Zigga is more right then wrong on his assesment of our politicians. I am at the point of having more faith in a used car salesman then any politician Rep. or Dem.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom