Louisiana tuna fishing

Fallfreak

I have heard of the great tuna fishing out of Louisiana especially Venice. This is something I have always wanted to try. I have looked on line for charters but everything seams to be for parties of 4 or more. Do they have charters such as semi guided or shared expense fishing were you pay per person? I know they do this with other types of fishing. I have done red snapper this way and had a great time. It would be just me and maybe my 13yr. old son. So that gets expensive with just 1 or 2 people chartering a boat. I know I could try to get a group of friends and try to go but thought I would check on this first.. it can be a challenge to get everyones schedule to work on a trip like this as I am a days drive from the coast.. Any charter reccomendations or advice is appreciated .

I fish Venice about once a year. I have never heard of a head boat tuna charter in Venice. Perhaps there is. We usually go four to a boat. Round up another dad/ son to join you. We are 800 miles from Venice, we stay in the Venice Marina cabins. We always fish two days offshore. Total cost per person for us is about $1,700 not counting meals.

I have heard of the great tuna fishing out of Louisiana especially Venice. This is something I have always wanted to try. I have looked on line for charters but everything seams to be for parties of 4 or more. Do they have charters such as semi guided or shared expense fishing were you pay per person? I know they do this with other types of fishing. I have done red snapper this way and had a great time. It would be just me and maybe my 13yr. old son. So that gets expensive with just 1 or 2 people chartering a boat. I know I could try to get a group of friends and try to go but thought I would check on this first.. it can be a challenge to get everyones schedule to work on a trip like this as I am a days drive from the coast.. Any charter reccomendations or advice is appreciated .
Fallfreak,
I have a house just north of Venice and have been fishing there for 8 years.. I can help you with some charters and other info..

So after doing some more research and responses I have gotten. I'm thinking more of a Orgen Inlet tuna fishing trip off 5ge coast of North Carolina. About the same drive time and looks like they have shared expense/ make up trips. Thinking next May or June as that seems to be the best time for tuna fishing. If I'm off track on my thinking let me know.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom