Loving the LASIK!!

BLACK_PREDATOR

Just got custom view LASIK done 4 days ago and I am loving life.
I've now got 20/15 in both eyes. I was even able to read 3 out of the 6 letters on the 20/10 line with my right eye....

finally no more putting in contacts at 4am while out hunting/guiding....etc...

I'd reccomend it to anyone that is thinking about it, especially you (Jason...BIGOLMULEY).

Now if the wind would just stop blowing...

Travis

What was your vision BEFORE you had the Lasik done? I wear bi-focals and really is a pain you know where but not sure I'm a canidate yet for the surgery.

Brian

Travis,
I am loving mine as well. Got it done 3 days ago. I have hated putting in all those eyedrops, but hey it is worth it.
I had a small astigmatism, and they fixed that as well.
I went with the custom wavelength lasik. (mapping of the eye)
Did not hurt at all, but was pretty uncomfortable when that eye suckking thing was on my eyes. Well, and the smell of burning flesh when the laser was going.
I went right out and started glassing the ridge by my house and could not believe I was not wearing contacts.
They told me my vision should get even better as the flap reattatches and the eye swelling goes down.
Good on you Travis! Just wish I would have gotten the deal you got. Any Turkey?

Jason "The Big Ol' Muley"

My wife and I had it done in Sept of 2004. Overall we are pleased. Don't think everything will be perfect. FOr the next 6 months, at various times you will wake up with very dry painful eyes, until you put the drops in. Everyone is different. Give it time. I'm usually blurry every morning for an hour, 3 feet or less. That clears up and then I need reading magnifiers for small print less than 12 inches. I used to see great at 6" but not far away. There is some give and take. Overall we are very happy. Our was a two people for the price of one for $2500. Good luck and keep them protected. Follow the doctors orders. Don't think your fine and don't need to follow them. You'll love it hunting.

I had it done about 8 years ago, was 50. It brought my 20/300 to 20/15. I did have astigmatism in one eye. I could see well within a few hours (the Doc recommended a nap before really exposing the eyes to strong light). For a few months I had a halo effect around bright lights at night, but nothing that caused any trouble. My vision kept getting better for several months. I had almost no discomfort, different people have different experience in that regard.

Lasik won't eliminate the need for reading glasses for us older guys. We still have the normal ageing process that stiffens up the lense and won't allow focusing up close just like everyone else. It does eliminate the bifocals, though, if you correct to 20/20, since you no longer have problems seeing at a distance. I guess the best way to describe it is that lasik brings you back to the state you would be in if you had perfect vision all your life, but doesn't correct for normal ageing.

It was close to the best thing I've ever done for myself.

I've been thinking of having it done myself, but just haven't went to the doctors yet. One questions for the older gentlemen? As I got older, I seem to need more light to see things. Otherwise, when it dark I have trouble seeing real well even with glasses on. I was told that Lasik would brighten my vision. Have any of you experienced this? I have one eye that is nearsighted and one that is farsighted. I don't need to wear glasses since I'll focus on the one that is appropriate at the time of use. I still got glasses sinces its easier. I've been wearing glasses for the past 10 years.

I noticed that. I rarely wore sun glasses before and now I hate to be outside on a sunny day without sun glasses. I still have slight halo effect. Nothing bad though. Gave up full time glasses for sometimes required reading glasses. It's great for hunting though. I don't like going through heavy brush without eye protection though. I'd do it again.

My bride use to be legally blind but after her Lasik surgery she can see great. Now she spots most of the game.

Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

Ropinfool, LOL! Yes! She had always thought she had married a handsome fella, now she knows.....j/k.
That's a bummer, maybe someday they'll have a different process that'll work for ya.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom