Lowa Sheep Hunter Boots

My wife and I both have Lowa boots but not that model. We can walk forever in ours with no issues. Great product.
Now here's the bad part. You really need to go somewhere and try them on as they don't work well for everyone. Most boot MFG size their lasts a little differently and as such the boots fit different. I can't ever get a pair of Danners that are real comfortable to me when most guys swear by them. We both used to wear Vasque boots (Skywalker & Sundowner models) before with no issues so that might help you with fit. Put some good footbeds in them if that model doesn't come with them. If you have an REI near you they used to carry some models of Lowa. Hope this helps.

What kind of sheep you hunting bungspy, cause if your just hunting them domestics that you like, just use irrigation boots. :D

Buckspy, I have the Cabelas Alaskan Hunter, which are absolutely identical to the Lowas. They are made by Meindl of Germany. Pretty pricey, and for the first week they were so stiff I thought I had made a mistake, but after a thorough work in, they are awesome. They are not a soft Irish Setter Type boot, but a true workhorse. They will take any abuse you give them, and give you unbelievable support. I recommend them for heavy loads, nasty terrain, etc.. Not for casual hiking... Gamekiller

BEEFEE-Not that its any of your business what I do with my white-wooled girlfriends. I've got one of the 3 desert sheep tags in Colorado this year. Anyways, its in Wyoming where men are men and sheep are scared.

Gamekiller-I've got Meindls and have worn them for ten years now. However what once were size 13 boats must have flattened out a little after packing out 780 inches worth of mule deer over the last four years and now 14 feels a little better. Meindls max out at 13 and I saw the Lowa in the new Schnees catalogue go to 14. Thanks for the tip though.

Buckspy,
I can't comment on the Lowa boots but I have a question, I thought you liked your Meindl Alakan Hikers from Cabelas? Didn't you just get them? Also my buddy has canoe's for feet just like you and he really likes his Vasque Alpine GTX 2 Mountaineering boots and they size up to 14. You can check them out at Rei's site. Good luck on the boots and the hunt.

Vince, does your wife know you are playing on the internet again?

Anyways Mr Wisenheimer, the only size 14 you wear is a 14" inseam.

A+ on that tag draw, how many points did it take to draw that tag ?
P.S. goodluck on what may be a tag of a lifetime &
Your one lucky bunghole.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom