LQ Deer Units 84,141,89

Buckslayer307

Kinda on the fence about which unit to put in for. Anyone have any experience in 84 or 141? Ive been 89 quite a bit and know it pretty well. Just curious about the other two units and would love to hear some insight from someone with firsthand, boots on the ground knowledge.Not looking for secret spots. Just pros, cons and what to expect pressure and quality wise.Feel free to PM if you dont want the whole world to know.

84 has great genetics but this past winter there was more snow there than I've seen for years. Could be some pretty bad winterkill. A large chunk of 84 is checkard-board with poor public access. There is only limited access for guided only hunters on several of the ranches. The last time I checked the biggest ranch didn't even allow guided hunts. That was quite a few years ago and maybe have changed? With only small parcels of public to hunt you can imagine where the biggest bucks tend to get spooked and hang out. The deer in some of that area tend to migrate somewhat out of their summer ranges so that can also be a twist on hunting the unit.

89 has quite a bit of private and also some chunks of public. Some of the HMA's haven't had deer on their species list so any public that is land-locked by private in the HMA is off limits to deer hunting. There is a large ranch in the center of 89 that has only limited hunting pressure so you can guess where some of the smart ole bucks hang out. I don't think the winter was quite as bad as in 84 but it still was far from a "mild" winter. If you want to talk things over in more detail send me a pm.

84 has great genetics but this past winter there was more snow there than I've seen for years. Could be some pretty bad winterkill. A large chunk of 84 is checkard-board with poor public access. There is only limited access for guided only hunters on several of the ranches. The last time I checked the biggest ranch didn't even allow guided hunts. That was quite a few years ago and maybe have changed? With only small parcels of public to hunt you can imagine where the biggest bucks tend to get spooked and hang out. The deer in some of that area tend to migrate somewhat out of their summer ranges so that can also be a twist on hunting the unit.

89 has quite a bit of private and also some chunks of public. Some of the HMA's haven't had deer on their species list so any public that is land-locked by private in the HMA is off limits to deer hunting. There is a large ranch in the center of 89 that has only limited hunting pressure so you can guess where some of the smart ole bucks hang out. I don't think the winter was quite as bad as in 84 but it still was far from a "mild" winter. If you want to talk things over in more detail send me a pm.
Thanks for the info Jims!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom