Lusk Wyoming, muley

Hi all. I am new to the forum but am hoping to find some informmation. I hope to be hunting mule deer this fall near Lusk Wyoming, Region B. I have never been hunting in the west and this will be DIY archery hunt. Has anyone had experience hunting this area?

Call Triple Creek Outfitters Jim Freeburn Good guy He leases a couple of ranches around Lusk, and he might let you hunt for a very reasonable fee. pc

I spent quite a bit of time around Lusk, both east of and west of, not north of or south of, and hunted pronghorn a couple years. I saw few deer. If you get one though, you will be entitled to a very unique statement I tell people when they look at my mounted pronghorn: "That buck came from the least populated county in the least populated state in the nation.

Thanks for the info. I have heard that there is not much around this area besides hunters and ranchers-thats part of what made it sound interesting. Hopefully the deer like that too.

I have seen the Tripple Creek adds but was wanting to keep my cost down, I may have to try them as well for a place to stay. The Lusitania chamber of commerce is sending me some info as well.

Keep the comments coming, it is good to hear that there are some deer in the area.

You will have a hard time trying to get a Hotel/Motel room for the opening weekend in and around LUSK, they are usually booked up a year in advance or so it was when I tried to get rooms 4 years ago. Good luck.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

There's some decent chunks of state ground around Manville that hold deer. My uncle has a place on Lance Ck I hunt on occasion. Lots of decent deer on private just expect to pay cause knocking on doors won't work in that country...

It's been more then ten years since I hunted the area around Lusk, Wy. There used to be a small R.V. campground in Lusk, but I do not know if it still is in operation.

Lusk has alot of open country and would be hard bow hunting. The area North has good areas of wooded terrain, but is over 90% private and would require tresspass fees.

RELH

I am like most others on here as it has been 10 years since I hunted north of Lusk. We were actually after whitetail and we killed some dandies. I was told back then that most of the mule deer country in the area was "locked up" by outfitters, and unless you were hunting with them, you would have a tough time finding a muley. As I said, we were hunting whitetails so that was fine with us but it is definitely not typical mule deer country. Anyway, I would make sure you do your homework if you are after a muley.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom