m-11

Same place they were a month earlier. Nov 13 is still to early for them to move unless we get a lot of snow. You will see a lot of little bucks wondering around.

That's pretty much true. Hopefully the bucks will be settled down some after the general hunt, but without some severe weather, it can be a tough hunt.

The other posters are correct, unfortunately all of California's premium hunts are about 3-4 weeks too early. The bucks may be in the rut but without weather you will be hunting the same bucks that are there all year.

I disagree with the other posts. You dont need snow to see different bucks all you need is a little weather and colder temps. The bucks will go into pre-rut by that time if you get the weather to change. The pre-rut will bring out some bucks that i guarentee you didnt see during general season. I agree the premium hunts are 3 weeks early if you want to hunt in the thick of the rut, but you cant have everything. I know a few guys that have drawn that tag and all of them have killed smashers and had no trouble doing it. The hardest part of the hunt is not being able to have a scope on your gun. good luck man, id kill for that tag.

You Drew a great tag, You should be able to find a B&C buck if you put in the time and do not shoot the first decent buck that you see, Weather does help and you will have to have a good map showing what is private, know where you are and look for property markers, There are some great bucks around the private land, some you can get and some not, If you are a very serious hunter and are looking for great buck i would be interested in helping out, I will be in the area looking before the season starts, There are a lot of good areas in this unit, Give me a call 530-968-5385, Charles

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom