M-3 Doyle Muzzy...Any Reports?

Rob

Any reports/pics from this hunt this year. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to draw it next year.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-04-09 AT 11:05PM (MST)[p]Here are Three Doyle bucks.....17 to go!!

4b19f6a13ff32bbc.jpg

4b19f6d7408b679a.jpg

4b19f715446906c0.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-09 AT 01:00AM (MST)[p]At least they got some snow this year....

here is mine from 3 years ago

4b1a12a938658337.jpg

Great california bucks this is the hunt i"m holding out for.Thanks for sharing the pictures

so those are some good bucks. Ran into a guy at the archery range this weekend who said his son bagged a 3x3 on the last day of the hunt. didn't get any other details.

When you look at the number of first choice, max point applicants for this hunt and number of tags available it could possibly take 15 years to draw this tag assuming the same applicants keep putting in. Is this hunt or any other CA hunt worth a possible 15 this wait?

I have a pic of what I am sure is the biggest buck killed on the hunt this year but i cant get the pic on here.Is it worth a 15 year wait its hard to say ,I like hunting so I wont wait Its tuff enough waiting 2 to 3 years to draw a lesser x zone.

Saw a picture today of a 33" think it was an 8x7. Supposedly killed on last day of Doyle hunt. Big buck, for California its a giant.....

>so those are some good bucks.
>Ran into a guy at
>the archery range this weekend
>who said his son bagged
>a 3x3 on the last
>day of the hunt. didn't
>get any other details.
>
>When you look at the number
>of first choice, max point
>applicants for this hunt and
>number of tags available it
>could possibly take 15 years
>to draw this tag assuming
>the same applicants keep putting
>in. Is this hunt or
>any other CA hunt worth
>a possible 15 this wait?
>

The hunt is not what it once was because of the different weather patterns we have now. The hunt was meant to cull 20 bucks from the Dixie Wildlife area herd, but with the hunt being in late November we don't get snow by then so the bucks don't leave the wildlife area. You could gamble and get it on a year when there is weather and I am sure it would be great, but right now I think there are 3-4 other premium hunts in California that are better as far as quality of bucks go. That being said, somebody kills a giant every year it seems in one of the northern x-zones.

Its not the buck marburgs talking about its 29 inch 3x4, on saturday there were only about three guys left that had tags that we now of The guy I was with didnt shoot a buck couldnt find any thing bigger than 26 inch.The other guy was looking to shoot anything on saturday he wanted to go home I think he had been there the whole hunt and was done maybe it was him that got the big one? the other guy pulled up behind my brother while he was taking a pic of a 22 inch buck he said that was the first decent buck he saw and took a shot at it and cripled it we dont know if he ever found it.I do think there was one more guy holding out so it could have been him also he wasnt ther for a meat hunt he was holding out for a big one to.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom