M-9 tag

Mike B

Finally drew this tag after 21 years, now looking for forums from last year to read up on. Hoping for a horn year this year.

Great tag for sure. Be aware of the E boundary as it's different from X-2 line. I found the most deer in the S end but they can be scattered to the Oregon border. Snow will make it a remarkable experience; deer will bunch up and visibility improves. Let us know your hunt go's. Should be more info when you do a search from past M-9 hunts.

Great tag for sure. Be aware of the E boundary as it's different from X-2 line. I found the most deer in the S end but they can be scattered to the Oregon border. Snow will make it a remarkable experience; deer will bunch up and visibility improves. Let us know your hunt go's. Should be more info when you do a search from past M-9 hunts.
Thanks, all good points, I scouted a few weeks ago, kinda a waste of time as it was warm. I've been there a few days each of the last 10 seasons looking and watching and you are correct on your info. I joined hoping to find some forums on the past couple of years but to no avail. Checked Muzzleloader and California hunts, not much to go on. I do know that 10 years ago we were counting 150 head a day with 30-40 being bucks and 10 of those you had to look at. In the last few years maybe 50 a day and just a couple of bucks. Just hoping last winter moisture might grow some horns...

Tried lots of key words, Muzzleloader, Devils Garden, M-9, but no Clear Lake. Thanks.

Thanks, I was hoping that recent past hunters would post of their success (or not) on this forum. Looks like when they do draw they just go off into the sunset. Watching the stat's a few tags fo unfilled nowadays. Based on the warm weather I'm going to wait until the last 10 days to go up and hunt. Hoping the rut will kick in.

Thanks, I was hoping that recent past hunters would post of their success (or not) on this forum. Looks like when they do draw they just go off into the sunset. Watching the stat's a few tags fo unfilled nowadays. Based on the warm weather I'm going to wait until the last 10 days to go up and hunt. Hoping the rut will kick in.
Lack of posts might have something to do with lack of success. The hunts not what it was 20 years ago. Good luck!

Lack of posts might have something to do with lack of success. The hunts not what it was 20 years ago. Good luck!
For sure I've been on site during the past 10-12 years for a few days each season. Used to see 150 deer per day, now down to 50. Right place at the right time might be part of it. Talked with hunters who hadn't seen a decent buck in 10 days and we had seen 10 really good bucks in one day. Gotts keep moving and covering ground so when they show themselves you're there.

Great story, thanks for sharing! I was hoping that recent past hunters would post of their success (or not) on this forum. Looks like when they do draw they just go off into the sunset.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom