M3 percentage drop

B

bucksandducks

What happened to M3 this last year went from 75% to 40% where the deer not there or just a year everyone was looking for a monster.

I hunted with a guy that ate the tag couldnt find anything bigger than 26 to 28 inch he would not pull the trigger unless it was 30+.

wow only 26 or 28 inches. That hunt must've took a crap. I would advise everyone not to apply for it this year.

>What happened to M3 this last
>year went from 75% to
>40% where the deer not
>there or just a year
>everyone was looking for a
>monster.

The season is too early, we don't get snow up there that early anymore. I had the hunt three years ago and not a drop of moisture the entire time. You need a lot of snow in the Dixie refuge to drive the big bucks out that never get hunted otherwise you are just hunting bucks that get hammered every year in the x6 seasons. That is why people complain about never seeing anything bigger than 24-26" during a M3 hunt with no weather.....with weather its outstanding, without its nothing special, its a gamble wasting max points on it you could get a bad year you could get a good year....

You roll the dice on these hunts If you're lucky you get snow and have a great hunt. I missed it by a week one year.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

>Marburg,
>
>Were you able to fill your
>tag on that hunt?

I did, I got a decent buck 8x6 but not what you would want to burn max points on in my mind....

There was an error with the data in the booklet this year, they posted reported harvest and they usually post estimated harvest (that is my understanding anyway). So you will see lower success rates and kills than previous years.

Joe

I dont think it was a mistake but a change in the way they reported harvest. I looked at the number of deer kill in the area compared to other years and there was a drop in the in the number killed.

That is the error, the deer program wanted estimated harvest in the booklet and the program doing the booklet put in reported harvest. For what it is worth.

Joe

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom