M70 stock options?

sjhgraysage

Very Active Member
I have a fairly new M70 classic featherweight in 6.5x55, that has the walnut stock. The stock is nothing spectacular, straight grain wood. I also have 3 sons from 12 to 3 years old. Does any one have any recommendations for an aftermarket synthetic stock, that I could shorten for the boys, while keeping the wood stock for when they are older and bigger. I was considering ?Ram-Line? as I would like to keep the total cost under $150.00 including a new recoil pad, etc. I plan on handloading ammo for the rifle and hunting/shooting situation. Comments?
Thanks, Scott

If you like to do a little work yourself, Boyds MFG makes a really nice Laminate stock for the model 70. I just used one on my 7mm RM. Beautiful stock. I paid around $100 for it with the inletting done and "lightening" performed to reduce the weight. I had to finish the stock and do a little sanding and finishing.

Bell & Carlson makes a decent stock for these guns too, but you will probably spend a little bit more.

I have an old birchwood stock for my blind magazine Model 70. It was shortened a little bit when I had a Decelerator pad installed. I have seen these for as little as $35 on ebay. I wouldn't hesitate to chop one of them down and put a nice pad on it. I hope this gives you a few "cheap" ideas.

I hated the feel of the Ramline stocks. Too much plastic.

FH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom