Magazine Contests

whiteboy

Say you killed a good buck, got great photos, and have a decent story. What magazines have the best story contests for cool prizes?

Okay, I'm extremely biased......but Western Hunter has excellent prizes. :)

BOHNTR )))---------->

I got on the cover of muley crazy a couple years ago. I had something in the mail a while later from them. It was my renewal notice.

>I got on the cover of
>muley crazy a couple years
>ago. I had something in
>the mail a while later
>from them. It was my
>renewal notice.

Lmao!!! ^^^^ that's the best prize, money out of your pocket and into mr. Hatchs'...

"I got on the cover of muley crazy a couple years ago. I had something in the mail a while later from them. It was my renewal notice."

Doesn't surprise me at all.

Best prize I have ever received from killing something was the satisfaction of knowing my success. And that my hard work paid off. And the meat that I harvested will go to good use in food for my family that is not store bought. No better prize than that and that's all I would ever want and wish for.

Eastman's treated my wife well when she shot her moose. They sent her a new Eberlestock pack, a custom elk-antler knife, a hardback book, and about 10 spare copies of the issue her article was in.

They were class acts to work with.

Grizzly

To my surprise, I was sent a pair of Lieca binos for my cover story. $2500 value. The magazine recently filed bankruptcy.

I just email each magazine and ask them, then I submit according to my "wish list" :) Most magazines do the big prizes for only cover story or random, not every story gets them.

As far as guys bashing him, why shouldn't he ask? He has a story/pics worth printing, then he should receive the best available deal for it.
If you are selling something you are basically saying that no matter what its worth to you (seller) then the buyer can take it for free cause they want to?

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I wouldnt consider it a " magazine contest"...If you have a good story with great pictures and the magazine wants it, then they offer nice packages for selected stories...I had my antelope published in Eastmans this past winter...i was given a $500 gift certificate to Kifaru, which quickly turned into a Supertarp with Annex and a Sheep tarp....I was blown away to see that much as a gift certificate for my article..If I decide to write a story on my deer or anything else i have yet to get this year...They will be the first I contact because they were like mentioned above, Class Acts to deal with.

>Now guys want fricken prizes for
>killing stuff? Pathetic. mtmuley

Panties in a wad again huh? No worries, I'm sure the internet keep you busy enough that you won't ever have to see it.

Eastmans typically gives every author a prize. The prizes range from really cool stuff like rifles & scopes to stuff worth a hundred or a couple hundred bucks. The Huntin Fool isn't too bad either.

MT_Grizz.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom