Magnets, Bino?s & phones

RoughCountry

I'm looking at buying a bino harness and the one I was looking at has magnets in the top flap to hold it open . I've been told that the magnets can affect a gps and a cell phone. I hate to spend almost a hundred bucks on one and have it mess up my electronics !! Anyone have any experience with this?

it'll disrupt your pacemaker too......

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I don't think they are strong enough to cause a problem. Unless you still wear a wind up watch. ?

Magnetic fields interfere with electronics. How much depends on a million things.

I do know a powerful enough magnet will tilt the TSA screening machine. Boy they were pissed...

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

I saw as Aaron Snyder showing how they do mess up a compass. Not sure about gps

"I don't care if the season is closed. Get off your butt and go hunt them"

TRISTATE
3/11/19

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

Yes it will and make you sick in the process. I cannot get around any magnets. Pacemakers will also change settings from exposure to a magnet.
Also no metal detectors

My bino case uses magnets to close. Maybe that's why I'm still lost in the forest? LOL

In reality, I've never noticed an issue with my phone or GPS at all and I rely on navigating in the dark before the day's hunt. Zero issues. Of course an old needle compass would be affected if you hold it right nest to the magnet. At arms length, no.

Me thinks you're worrying over next to nothing....unless you have a pacemaker.

Zeke

#livelikezac

I have the Badlands Bino X harness, it has magnets to close. Never noticed a single issue with my phone or GPS, I carry both in it all the time.

They have them on Camofire today 8/10/2019 for $55 which is a good deal. I've had mine for 7 years without any issues.

Jake H.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-10-19 AT 07:50AM (MST)[p]I use Alaska Guide Creations. They have a bungee hook and loop closure. Mine has a quick release buckle instead of the bungee which I like better but they no longer make that style.
https://alaskaguidecreations.com/
Wes

My bino case has a place in the back for my phone. I keep my phone there all the time. I have never noticed an issue and I've had this case for 5 years or so..

I really don't think you will have a problem.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom