Magnum Mulies 3

Founder

Founder Since 1999
This is one of my favorite videos, I guess because I too like to hunt Wyoming and Colorado and this video features some great hunts in both states. Also, Dave Long is a great guy and great hunter.

Like Dave's earlier videos, this video has a lot of Wyoming winter range bucks. They're always fun to see and dream about bumping into in the fall.

There's also some Colorado plains bucks that Mike Duplan videotaped that are incredible, but I wonder if they are private land deer and that takes a little away from it for me.

Dave Long then goes on a backpack hunt in Wyoming and takes a great buck. You have to admire a guy who packs in for 5 days with everything on his back and then takes a big buck ON FILM!

Also in this video you see Dave's book typical from Colorado and Mike Duplan harvest a 190+ typical. Not sure if it made the book or not, but regardless, it's a big boy.

This is one of my favorite videos.

magnum3.jpg

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

My buck didn't net in the "All-time". 191 Gross typical and some symmetry differences netted him 188. 29 1/2" wide.

Giant eastern plains Colorado bucks are awesome but not nearly as impressive as some of the West slope mountain bucks like "Moses" in the video. Every time I filmed a freakin' eastern plains giant I wished he was on some rimrock ledge on the edge of a nasty canyon in the real mulie country.

David is a good friend, a great father and husband to his family and a smart, honest, hard-working hunter. His ethics in the field are without question. He does it the right way.

This video is awesome!! The winter range footage is great and there are plenty of huge bucks. If you like to backpack for muleys like I do, then I think you will enjoy all of the Magnum Mulies videos.

Buckspy, that's too bad your buck didn't book all-time, but what a monster anyways.

The only thing I didn't really care for on the video was that I had already seen some of the Colorado hunts on another video. I like to see original footage.

I give this one two thumbs up!

I know I'm a bit slow , but I can't find the " combo pack " . The add for Mag. Muleys 3 comes up but when I click on the combo pack I can't find it . Help !! Is it possible to buy all 3 ?

I've been looking for a video for my Son and some of Buckspy's comments sealed the deal .

Thanks !

Good forum .

Sheepshooter - It's me that's slow, real slow. Dave stapped having the Magnum Mulies 1 & 2 tapes made. I ran out of #1 & #2. All I have now is #3.
Sorry!!! My mistake that you thought there was a combo. There used to be, I just forgot to remove it when I sold the last of the first 2 videos. Sorry man!!!!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

This video is one of my all time favorites. I think it is a must buy for any hard-core muley fanatic. Have to say my most favorite part is when Dave films his own solo high country muley hunt. To do a backcountry hunt like that and have the fortitude to film your own kill shot on a 190 class buck is pretty damn amazing. Kudos to both Dave and Mike on a great video.

http://sdana.photosite.com/DanasHuntingPics/

I ordered the DVD from MM and it showed up very quickly . Thanks!

Watched it tonight and really enjoyed it . My kids kept asking if the music was going to stop during the intro but besides that they enjoyed it as well and it's tough to keep the attention of kids under the age of 5 .

I think seeing those monster Wy. winter range bucks and being denied in Wy. today may cause some type of mental trauma . Oh well , I just have to replay in my mind the incredible buck we found just before the opener in Wy last year . Probably the biggest buck I will see in my life .

Great movie . Thanks for the review .

I talked to David on the phone last friday and he told me that he has sold the last copy of #3. I was trying to get 1 & 2 in DVD but no luck, he has been out of them awhile now.
Closed up shop so he can spend more time hunting.

Brian

i am very interested in purchasing this dvd but am wondering is there a lot of live footage of scouting winter range etc? that is the stuff i really get excited about. the hunt sound great but i like a lot of live footage. i also want to note that im glad that this video section of the forum has been started, i like hearing what others have to say about the videos out there.

All 3 videos are great. I think the videos are in Sportmans Warehouse . Cant remember but will look next time in there.
great work david does.
Keep them coming.

fca2e9e9.jpg

You can tell from the videos that David is a great guy. It is bitter sweet that #3 is the last. He did a quality job on his video series. These three videos are by far the best there is. Each one is rivaled by the next and by no other. The quality in filming, ethics, shot placement, and overall "feel" of these movies has not been topped.

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Feel free to remove this if it's against your policies. If your sold out of the Magnum Mulies 3 here, I've got a couple copies at www.huntingvideosonline.com. I also thought it was a great video with some amazing winter footage. The deer are up close, clear and undisturbed, not to mention huge - great video. Too bad he's not selling the video any longer.

David Dukat

Sorry it's taken me a few days to get back. We've been off hunting turkeys. Thanks for the order. We'll get it out today.

I've also lived in Elko several times and Battle Mountain and have hunted muleys in the Rubies a few times. I love it up there. I'd like to BS about it with you sometime. Good luck in the NV draw.

David Dukat
www.huntingvideosonline.com
[email protected]

What I really like about Davids videos is that its not all about the kill shot. Sure I like to see the kill shot but how about everything else that leads up to the shot. So many of the latest videos these days just show a kill shot and a hunter posing with a downed animal. David shows scenery, tells some of the conditions and shows events leading up to the kill shot.
367bull, I'd be glad to talk about hunting the Rubies anytime for I absolutely love them. And thanks for Magnum Mulies #3.
Drew Edwards aka fatrooster.

rooster, I could not agree with you more. If you like his style you would like the videos put out by Majestc Outdoors. I have not been able to find them though. Anyone have those? Mike and Scott Bybee were the guys putting those out.

But, back to David, he does an awesome job with the camera getting cool angles and quality video. I don't know how he pulled off that solo Wyoming backpack hunt with that giant Cannon video camera on his back. Thats one tough guy. He also uses some great footage of the equipment and gives some great perspectives. I wish he would make one more but that last video would be tough to top.

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Rooster
Eastmans is coming out with the entire series on dvd, and I am planning on getting it. I have the 3 videos on tape and would be happy to send you the first one if you're interested. Just pm me with your address.

I was lucky enough to have David use some of my footage on the last video. He did a great job with all three.

Yelum

Yelum, thankyou for the offer on the video, it is very generous of you. I too am going to get the first one when Eastmans comes out with the DVD collection. Also Killowatt has already sent me #1, #2, and #3 and let me view them for awhile and I've already sent them back. What footage are you talking about on #3 did Dave use in his video? I'll be sure to pay extra attention to it. Thanks again for the offer I really appreciate it. Drew Edwards, aka fatrooster.

Drew
During the video he mentions footage provided by Larry Mower. There was a short buck fight filmed by my friend Clint Sorensen, A buck by a metal shed that had double droppers, a wide typical with a 210 frame, and a buck with inlines. I think that was all. I felt honored that he used my stuff as his quality is much better than mine at the time.

Yelum

I called "eastmans" today and ordered the Vids,not sure how many they have left at this time,they have all three.coues52

Thanks cous for the insight on the vids. I'll check it out.

Yelum, I remember those clips distinctly and really love that buck by the metal shed. He looks like he could kick some a$$ if you walked out in the yard and got too close. And those other wide bucks are just unreal. Good job. I just met Clint Sorenson at Antlerfest in Salt Lake yesturday and he gave me a DVD with his latest hunting adventures. I have not watched it yet but I'm sure looking forward to it. Thanks again for your offer. fatrooster.

Rooster
I just got off the phone with Clint and he mentioned talking to you. You'll love his film. Most of it I was with him.

I would have liked to meet you. I was the guy cruising in the electric chair, or parked in the NE corner behind the table next to the 2 point mirror.

By the way, that big dropper buck got beat up and died 2 weeks latter by a bigger buck.

Yelum

Yelum, I did speak with you breifly. My friend was asking you about an antler that dropped down in the front on the main beam and you were talking to him about sheds and deer on "the island." I think you told us that you had some video footage of the buck. I wish I had talked to you more now that I know you are Yelum. Antways, I had a good time and next time I see you I will surely BS with ya.
Its too bad that the big dropper buck died from a fight. It must have been one hell of a big buck that wooped up on him. fatrooster, aka Drew Edwards.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom