Magnus Broadheads

huntswnm

Thinking about switching to the Magnus 125gr 2 blade this year. I was wondering what the difference was between this and the broadhead that Ted Nugent made "Nugeblade"?? In one of my magazines it is listed (the nugeblade) under the Magnus section. Anyone know if there is a difference??
Jeff

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, weapon in one hand, calls in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

http:www.elknut.com
I've used the Stinger. It was last year, I took an elk & deer with it. It was the 4-blade 125grn. I'm using the 150grn this year for deer, but sure wouldn't hesitate to use it on elk again.

The "Nugeblade" as I understand it is no more than the Stinger without bleeders. This is what I've heard?
ElkNut1

ElkNut1 -
What did you think of the 125 Stingers? I've been thinking of giving them a try. How did they fly at greater distances? How was the penetration?
Thanks.

Lien2

http:www.elknut.com

Lien2---They will fly with your field-points! It was a great flying head. The penetration was better than any head I've used to date on elk, especially given the area the bull was hit.

Both the deer & elk were hit on the brisket side of the front shoulder on a quartering to me shot. The bull was 10yds the deer was 40yds. Th deer was a pass-through even at that severe angle. The elk was complete arrow penetration but it stayed in the elk taking out both lungs, penetration was awesome!!

I'm going to 150grn heads this year as I like heavy setups! ElkNut1

ElkNut1 -
Hey thanks for the info. I think I'll buy a couple of these and give them a try.
Thanks again.

Lien2

Today, I shot my Magnus Stingers 100 grain.

I purchased a Merell six shooter target yesterday and gave them a whirl. They flew just as my field tips did at 20 yds. Maybe tomorrow I will leave the back yard and shoot further out to 40 or 50 yds.

My set up is:

AR 34 27 inch draw 70lbs
PSE radical weave stealth hunter 300 with blazer vanes

I know there are many other great broadheads out there, but I like the performance out the Stingers.

Steelermadman2002

I bought some of the 2 blade magnus to try out this year, the guy in the archery dept said "they dont have enough cutting diameter".????????? I went ahead and got them anyway, seems to me they have enough and if they fly like field points all the better.

I've used both the two blade and then again those with the bleeder blades. The two blade will put your animal down, but the bleeder blades DEFINATELY contribute to a better blood trail.

I just bought some of the magnus stinger 4 blades and to my surprise they do fly exactly like my field points. Out to sixty yards and I was still hitting where I was aiming. I can't wait to try them out on a deer. I'm somewhat cursed as of late with the bow hunting with penetration and arrow placement. I was shooting the Hammerhead 4L by rocket broadheads with the 2 inch cutting diameter just don't hit'em in the shoulder with that broadhead; I know from experience.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom