Magnus Stinger 4 Blade

scopenstalk

I know that there are a ton of broadhead posts on this forum but i am thinking of trying the magnus stinger i have heard good things but i want to hear more opinions about them bad or good. I have also heard sometimes they dont make great blood trails but i would like some input from people who have used and harvested game with them!

i have used them for years. absolutely lethal. 5 complete pass throughs on bull elk. plus they have a lifetime replacement policy. you cant go wrong with magnus stingers.

Blood trails? Why do you need a blood trail? Everything I ever shot with them died within eye sight and like elkantler75 said, all were pass throughs. Seriously though, the blood trails were like walking down a sidewalk covered in blood, a blind man could follow it. As for arrow flight? As long as you are using the right weight head for the spine of the arrow they hit with the my field points. I've tried a lot of heads over the yrs for some reason, not sure why other than boredom maybe? but this is the only one I have absolute complete confidence in. I also like the fact that I can make them scary sharp too, far sharper than any other head I have tried.

i just purchased some and havent had a chance to try them out yet. i am curious do you sharpen them yourself, send them some where, or just replace the blades before you hunt with them? if you sharpen them your self what brand or kind of shaprpener do you use?

I use an s-24 hone

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Product.asp?show=info&c=50&s=46&p=259&i=4237#full

I got from 3riversarchery. I got this when I used to use the old magnus 2 head with my longbows. All you do is make about 15 passes a side with the fine hone flipping side to side. You have to use very light pressure with a new head or you'll be starting over real quick. When your done you'll notice the head grabs you real quick when you run your finger over the blade so be very careful.

I sold some 100 grs a while ago cause the setup I have for my newest bow likes a heavier arrow and the 125 gr heads, I like em too, its a bigger head. The guy cut himself taking them out of the package. Needless to say I turned him on to the method as well after he asked.

its easy to sharpen them and I sharpen the new ones before I will shoot them. The main thing is remember to apply very light pressure when using the hone. Now if you shoot them into the dirt to many times you will need to replace the blades just like any other head. I just replace the bleeders although I suppose you could sharpen them too if you took them out and used a pair of needle nose or something like that to hold it. .

they are awesome, expecially how they fly. another great thing is the warranty. you can send in your used broadheads, broken, dull, whatever and they send you new ones.

Email me if you want some....or anyone else for that matter. I have some of the 4 blade i need to get rid of.....not because i dont believe in them or like them either...

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom