man cave ideas?

flyingbrass

starting on mine, its upstairs in my house with a bathroom, fridge, sink and a balcony to shoot my bow off of so I'm asking for any ideas that will help. I got 60" tv, lots of taxidermy but I would like to see some pics from fellow hunters.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

Search here on MM for "Man Cave" there has been lots of threads about them in the past, lots of cool pictures and ideas...

P.S. steer clear of Rugarm and Founders man cave..lol

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I have a couple of tips.

Sheet the walls with 3/4" plywood. Anywhere you want to hang something there will be wood to anchor to. Use plywood and not wafer board.

Put two rows of light cans around the perimeter . First row out about 20" from the wall the second row about 40" from the wall. About 36-40" on center. This washes the wall with light and lights up your mounts awesome.WIre 'em up to a dimmer switch and you can go from mellow lighting to bright easily. Don't try ugly track lighting, they leave dim/dull spots and never seem to be exactly where you want them.

These tips came from a trophy room design class I went to at a Safari Club convention. I did it, and am happy with the results. PM me with your email and I'll send some pictures to you. I never have had any luck getting photos to post up here on MM. I'm a computer idiot.

Just a couple, there's many more... click on the archives when you search..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I have an observation beehive in my deer camp and was thinking about putting one in the man cave also. I guess it is ok to copy you own ideas.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

bucksnort,
thanks, I never used the archives so I'll try that next time.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom