>to get enough bile to
>taint all of just one
>deer's meat. And not to
>be unkind, but the guy
>looks like a poacher, or
>maybe he just does a
>really good impersonation of one.
>

That is not the quote of his that was stated in the article, so please don't put a quote up that wasn't said! This is the quote: "He also said he took more than just the antlers, having carried out the hide and all but a small amount of meat which had been tainted with bile." He should have probably asked for permission to follow up and take the deer from the Camp since it was outright trespassing to do what he did. However, to also state that he looks like a poacher is rather ridiculous! It reminds me of when my parents moved down to Texas and a neighborhood lady welcomed them and asked if they would like to attend the Baptist Church she went to. Mom told her they were Catholic and the lady came back with: "Well you don't look like Catholics!". What in the heck does a poacher or a Catholic look like, LOL?!!!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-15 AT 11:47AM (MST)[p]I stand corrected. So why is he getting charged with wanton waste then?

Anyone else getting the irritability that comes after your hunting season is almost over? I know I am. :(

You said, all but a small amount of meat was tainted by bile, the article said he took all but a small amount of meat that was tainted by bile. Completely different.

Rut

"so I'm not sure how your version is any better"

His version, when read, implies that only a small amount was tainted and that small amount was the part not taken out.

I'm not defending the convicted poacher, but m505's version of the quote changed what was in the article 180 degrees.

Okay, you're all right. Sorry. The post-season doldrums have rolled in, and I really don't like them. I'm hushing up now before I say something else foolish.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-15 AT 11:57AM (MST)[p]>I guess I didn't realize this
>was an English class. Just
>because you have the entire
>sentence quoted doesn't make it
>a direct quote either, so
>I'm not sure how your
>version is any better. Mine
>was just more concise. He
>either said or implied that
>bile tainted almost all of
>the meat, and that's the
>part I don't buy, because
>you'd have to be unbelievably
>reckless to taint all of
>an animal's meat with bile.
>BTW, I'm sorry you got
>your feelings hurt by the
>Texas Baptist lady.
>
>Anyone else getting the irritability that
>comes after your hunting season
>is almost over? I know
>I am. :(

Concise my rearend! What you stated is not what was stated in the article. Maybe you should take an English class in reading comprehension because what is stated in the article is a far cry from what you're incorrectly posting! The guy is quoted as saying he took all but a small amount of meat out along with the hide, not what you're saying that he hardly took any out. What I posted is most certainly a direct quote in the article if you know anything about punctuation since whatever is inside these "..." is considered to be exactly what a person stated. You also missed the bit about the Baptist lady in that neither my parents nor I got our feelings hurt. It was just very funny that a person would know what a Catholic is supposed to look like just like your statement about him looking like a poacher!

EDIT: I just went back and see you deleted your first post and changed your entire other one---smart feller!

A FELONY conviction will strip this man of his right to EVER hunt in the United States again. At least with a modern firearm... Since convicted felons are prohibited from possessing a firearm. Seems rather harsh, in my opinion. (The state revoking his privilege for 14 years is irrelevant as Federal law trumps state law.)

Yea well, he should of thought of the consequences before he trespassed and shot a deer on a military installation. It's just like the dumbsh!ts who duck hunt on the boarder of a rest area on a National Wildlife refuge. They wound birds that fall into the rest area and know they can't retrieve them but do it anyway.

For someone that willfully poaches like this, I'm actually okay with them losing the privilege to hunt again.

The story I first heard made it sound as if there was no chance in hell this buck could have ever been taken legally.

Sounds like he and his lawyers are trying to make up a believable story to me.

>>Yup."All but a small amount of
>>the meat was tainted by
>>bile." Really? Does anyone buy
>>that excuse? You'd have to
>>kill about ten deer just
>>to get enough bile to
>>taint all of just one
>>deer's meat. And not to
>>be unkind, but the guy
>>looks like a poacher, or
>>maybe he just does a
>>really good impersonation of one.
>>
>
>
>That is not the quote of
>his that was stated in
>the article, so please don't
>put a quote up that
>wasn't said! This is
>the quote: "He also said
>he took more than just
>the antlers, having carried out
>the hide and all but
>a small amount of meat
>which had been tainted with
>bile." He should have
>probably asked for permission to
>follow up and take the
>deer from the Camp since
>it was outright trespassing to
>do what he did.
>However, to also state that
>he looks like a poacher
>is rather ridiculous! It
>reminds me of when my
>parents moved down to Texas
>and a neighborhood lady welcomed
>them and asked if they
>would like to attend the
>Baptist Church she went to.
> Mom told her they
>were Catholic and the lady
>came back with: "Well you
>don't look like Catholics!".
>What in the heck does
>a poacher or a Catholic
>look like, LOL?!!!

POACHER:
8189darner.jpg

POPE:
5187pope.jpg

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

if this guys story is true he was dammed if he did dammed if he didn't. Meaning if he shot wounded and didn't make an attempt to retrieve the deer he was guilty of a crime, and if he trespassed onto Camp William's he was guilty of a crime.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

>The story I first heard made
>it sound as if there
>was no chance in hell
>this buck could have ever
>been taken legally.
>
>Sounds like he and his lawyers
>are trying to make up
>a believable story to me.
>

The first story details they found the deer headless. There is nothing in the news report saying if this guy field dressed the deer or not. When the correctional officers testified, they did say all but a little of the meat was taken and one of the legs around the knees were missing. The Jury instructions state that the state only needed to prove that this guy shot and killed the deer on Camp William's but this should have been objected to as while hunting on military installations is Illegal in Utah, it is also Illegal in Utah to shot a animal and fail to make an attempt to retrieve the animal, further the proclamation does not state the procedure to take when you shoot a animal and it runs onto a military installation. While its common sense to call and let them know whats going on, it does not specifically state such. As a result the guy is asking for a new trial witch is rightfully so, think of it like this if the law requires you to run a red light if you are in certain situation but does not specify how to do it so you have ran the red light in the improper way you would be very upset over that ticket as you were trying to stay within the law and still were charged. By no means do I believe this guys story. I simply looked the case up and read the public court filings showing what was alleged and such. PM me and I will send you a copy.

necessary.? John Adams

Sounds to me like there is inconsistency with the investigation. If they can't prove that he shot it on private grounds other than his own and the written report doesn't match the testimony of how much meat was taken, then all I see is a trespassing ticket for retrieval of game not necessarily poaching.
I've had issues like this in Colorado where a deer was shot legally and ran onto private, upon retrieval on private we didn't initially ask for permission until we needed to go further into the property, the Fish and Game came and investigated the incident and helped us drag out the animal after asking us where the animal was first shot.
There's probably more evidence to debunk what I'm reading here, but this case could have been thrown out of court with lack of circumstantial evidence towards poaching.
I believe that the size of this animal brings about the attention to a degree that it had to have been poached, just look at it right (Envy).
If we were talking about a modest 4 pointer, I think this case doesn't go as far as it did in my opinion. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?
I think the hunter made a mistake of not notifying the Fish and Game to help get permission to cross onto private for retrieval and therefore he should be ticketed for that, but as far as poaching goes who knows, show me the evidence of wrongdoing there.

"EVIDENCE" the internet jury don't need no stinking evidence. I actually saw on here once people including a DA claim seeing a deer alive was proof enough to convict a guy of poaching. :D

You know how to kill a unique deer? Unique up on him. You know how to kill a tame deer? Tame way!

Hey Pig, so an eyewitnesses testimony alone isn't enough for a conviction? Oh BTW, how'd that other poaching case that you're referring to turn out? Yea the MoFo was a poaching POS like everyone who doesn't live in TexASS knew.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-15 AT 12:26PM (MST)[p]Little bitter about that ain't you there, shortgun.

By the way they didn't get a conviction from that. Go back and read.

I went back and read the article thoroughly and came up with this sentence: (While within the installation's boundaries, Rueckert said he fired a second shot, killing the buck.)

If this is deemed true from Rueckerts own mouth, then he's no doubt liable and indeed guilty of poaching. You can't go onto private property with a firearm and shoot a trophy deer even if it is wounded. The fact that he shot the deer in the leg doesn't mean that it was fatal enough to chase after it without permission. He broke the law plain and simple in many ways and his own testimony proves it.
Rueckert said he understands the desire to rein in poachers. He hopes to shed himself of the label. He should have thought about that before going in on private grounds and pulling off a shot. Nuff Said.

Hey Pig, Bitter of what? Bitter that you lack any character and defend poachers every chance you get. Not hardly.

Confession, Conviction, the outcome is the same. I thought you would know that seeing how you have so many lawyer buddies and all.

Free education- A guilty plea, unless the plea is held in abeyance, is a conviction under the law.

This dude in this case is guilty. He had his day in court, and was found guilty. If the judge awards him a new trial, then he'll get another day in court. Until then, he's still guilty. It's not an easy standard to meet for a new trial, but I can say from the pleadings that some solid arguments were made for the defendant. I know both the defense attorney making the arguments (it is not his trial counsel) and the prosecutor on the case well. They are both fantastic attorneys. Should make for some good court room action next month when they argue the motion for a new trial.

Free education.

Irrelevant- Everything Vanilla just wrote because he is too driven by emotion to actually read anything.

Vanilla how did you get a Avvo ratting of a -10. Judas man. On a serious note the guy is most likely guilty and should have forked the money over for his current attorney before trial.

necessary.? John Adams

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom