Marble Mtn Bears

Gazelle

Thinking about a backpack trip in for bear in the Marbles. Archery season. Anybody been their before? Ive herd theres more bears than deer. Im just interessted in general info of coarse. Thanks, Tony

Seen 6 or more a day while hunting elk...most not to shy!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Like Rack said, there thick. Killed one there 3-4 years ago on the last day of my hunt after not seeing a shooter buck. I dont really think you can go wrong anywhere in the Marbles, find a trailhead you like and go get one. Only downer will be the hot weather, may not see many during the day, but there there.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I've been to most of the lakes in the Marble Mountains over the years. Just go in there, set up camp for a couple days, and the bears will find you.

I've seen the most bears at the more popular lakes such as Onemile Lake on the west side and Cliff and Campbell Lakes on the east side, but they are everywhere.

They can be a real pest. They will come into your camp at night and destroy your camp during the day while you're out fishing.

I've never hunted them so I can't help you there, but I like your odds.

Eel

>I've been to most of the
>lakes in the Marble Mountains
>over the years. Just go
>in there, set up camp
>for a couple days, and
>the bears will find you.
>
>
>I've seen the most bears at
>the more popular lakes such
>as Onemile Lake on the
>west side and Cliff and
>Campbell Lakes on the east
>side, but they are everywhere.
>
>
>They can be a real pest.
>They will come into your
>camp at night and destroy
>your camp during the day
>while you're out fishing.
>
>I've never hunted them so I
>can't help you there, but
>I like your odds.
>
>Eel

Thanks, cant wait to scout!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom