March Oryx Sucess?

nmelktrout

Very Active Member
Anybody have any success on range this weekend? If so post some pics! I drew this hunt for next year and would love to hear some stories and see how it went.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-08 AT 04:53PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/47e971565eb6cb27.jpg

24" bull..very young.....all oryx were very spooky..and crazy hunters are shooting at the herds when we were stalkin..it was my cousin's..not my!

on saturday when we left the gate..the biggest bull was 35 5/8 and the cow was 36 1/2..we were the 45th hunters that checked out at 730 pm and I don't know on sunday hunt..

vinihunt

Congrats!
Helped a buddy hunt off range (up against the east fence) Sat.
Oryx were very spooky. Got close but couldnt close the deal.

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

Here's a pic of my dad's oryx from this weekend. Let's see if the pic works.

2870478140043663066oOtOyq_fs.jpg

Congrats to your pops Sneekey. Looks nice, how long? And thanks for the info and finally posting the pic Vin! Can't believe idiots were shooting over you guys while you were stalking?

Thanks nmelktrout! My pops was certainly very happy with his animal, a 36" cow. It was a relatively quick hunt and we were #6 to leave that morning.

Congrats to Pops! Nice cow.
Did he hit the left front foot or is it just the way she is laying?

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

Yeah he popped it with one of the shots he took at her. I would have thought the 300 would have taken it completely off.

Cody,
I emailed you the results for all hunters last weekend on the Stallion Range.

Lee

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom