Maroon Bells mountain goat tag

W

Wildarts

Just found out I've got a tag (one got turned back in).I have only 3 weeks to plan the trip (unguided).The harvest info has narrowed things down considerably but I could use some input on specifics,access etc.,anybody seen goats in there?Thanks.

Wildarts, we hunt elk in the bells every year and have a few goats located in the same location the past few years. Usually 1 or 2 billies in there every year. I don't know what a trophy billy looks like but these are good stocky goats. They look like shooters to me. How far back in are you wanting to go? These goats are just 2-3 miles back in and usually at 12,500-13,000'. They would be great access for diy hike-in hunts but too close for horseback and too steep for horses. Can you pack the meat out on your back? Let me know what you think and if you're interested I can give you some gps coordinates.

born 2 hunt,excellent! Just what we are looking for. Will wait to hear from you.I'm leaving Wed. for a week to chase antelope in NM.but will check in as soon as we get back.Thank you.

hunter 59
We are backpacking & willing to go in several miles if necesary.There will be two of us in good shape to pack the meat. Really is'nt that much once deboned.The typical elevation is very helpful.Suggestions on access & location is just what we need.Will wait to hear from you.THANK YOU.

Congratulations! You should send a big thanks to the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep Society. It was through their hard work that the CDOW came around and started a waiting list for sheep and goat tags. If that tag had been turned in a couple years ago it would not have been re-issued and a hunter such as yourself wouldn't have such a great opportunity.

I'm a slow typer. If you want to "talk" about G-12 send me a pm with your phone #.

Best of Luck.

Look at the top of the horizon on the high peaks, and then figure out how 2 get there and back alive!

yote

Would like to talk on the phone if possible.I haven't been able to figure out how to send a PM yet.Can somebody tell me how? leaving today for 1 week.Thanks uphill

LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-09 AT 12:03PM (MST)[p]OK,got it, PM sent uphill & hunter 59.

I watched a decent Billy leave Gunnison County and go over into Pitkin County to your unit
Last Friday at 19:00. That would put him in the head of West Maroon. KILL HIM please.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom