Martinez Ranch Unit 45

WapitiDave

We just found out that my daughter's youth antelope hunt is on this ranch. Is there anyone out there that is familiar with this ranch? Not sure how many other hunters will be hunting or how large the ranch is.Thanks for any information.

WD

LAST EDITED ON Jul-01-10 AT 07:41PM (MST)[p]Per NMDGF for 2009 A-Plus Landowners:

Martinez Ranch; Contact = JIM WELLES; Address = 10600 EAGLE ROCK AVE ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87122; Phone = 505-294-7861; Acres = 4,358. It shows as a Ranch Only tag in 2009 and there were 2 public tags issued.

There is also a Martinez Family listed that has a little over 30,000 acres.

Here's the direct link to the information.

http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/recreation/hunting/documents/2009-A-PLUSLandownerList.pdf

You shoud have received a map by now.

Thanks. We haven't received anything other then the license and the info on that. Ranch # is 19585 and we can be reassigned with approval. I will call the G & F tomorrow to find out about the map. Thanks for the reply.

19585 is the "MARTINEZ FAMILY". 31,435 Acres. The regular rifle tags were designated as ranch only in 2009, not sure if the youth tags are different or not. They had 12 tags in 2009 so it sounds like there must be plenty of antelope there.

Good luck.

If this is the Tony Martinez Ranch near Gladstone you and your daughter are in for a real treat. Those are some of the greatest people you will ever meet. Lots of nice goats and they make it something really special for the kids. Good Luck

Thank you for the replies. It looks like it is the Martinez Family ranch out of Gladstone. I'm so pumped right now. This is her first big game hunt so we are really looking forward to it.I'll be contacting them shortly to get more info. Thanks again for the information. Good luck on your hunts this year.

WD

Trust me when I tell you that she could not have gotten any luckier on her first big game hunt. Those folks are awesome hosts. Both of my daughters drew tags together there, back in 07, they both filled thier tags and it was also thier 1st big game hunts and will always be special to the three of us. Now get her out to the range and shooting at some pretty good distances, say 400 yrds. You should be done on the 1st day. Good hunting to the both of you.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-02-10 AT 06:53PM (MST)[p]Your daughter is in for a great hunt. My daughter bagged a
15 3/4" lope in 2005. Back in 05 there were 9 youth hunters and 9 LO tag hunters, 15 of the hunters bagged out on the 1st day. Most of the LO tag hunters were from Oklahoma. The VP of the Oklahoma SCI chapter was there, he gave $50.00 to the youth with the biggest lope and also $50.00 to the youth that filled their tag 1st. The evening before all hunters were treated to a bar-b-q by the Martinez family. For Christmas they sent a dvd of all the hunters and their families of the hunt. Be careful with the slithery critters ( rattle snakes) especially by the rocky hills. Good hunting to your daughter, it will be a great experience.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. We received the ranch map today.I will be contacting them shortly. Did any of you camp on or nearby the ranch? Not sure if we are going to pull the trailer or look for a motel room. Whats the closet town to rent a room if we decide to do that? Thanks again for replying. We are really looking forward to this hunt.

WD

Bring your trailer, you'll enjoy that alot more. I'm not sure if there is a hotel in Roy, but I'm almost postive there are none in Gladstone. These are small villages and a long way from any sort of city life.

Tony allowed us to set up our fifth wheel there on his property by his house. He also let the other hunters set up their tents close by. He even had a shower and restroom available for the hunters to use.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom