Match grade or standard primers?

solitude

Years ago I read a Bob Milek article that stated he often found best results in accuracy working up loads with match grade primers, all other things being equal. I had a lot of respect for the late Mr. Milek and have found this to be true with most every rifle. What have been your results?

I Used federal 215M primers in all my magnums, I think they are just a little more consistant, in truth though unless you're shooting a rifle capable of sub moa groups I doubt you would ever notice the difference.

I agree with both of you. I sure miss Bob Milek.
He was a dang good writer and a heck of a gentleman.
He lived what he wrote, living in Wyoming and actually
hunting a bunch. Dud's correct about any real hunting type
rifle. You won't be able to tell the diff. Like he said, in
Mag's go with the 215. You have to get down to Bench Rest
type rigs, usually, before you'll see any diff. That having
been said, I use some MG primers in some of my stuff. Mainly
because that's what I have on hand.
LRV

I always use the GM primers, they are so cheap I figure why not?

:( Somebody didn't like bouncing betty :(

Actually soem of the top bench rest shooters in the world(Tony Boyer being one) say that they can not tel the differance in 205's and 205M's. But try them and see what you think.

I Used federal 215M primers in all my magnums, I think they are just a little more consistant, in truth though unless you're shooting a rifle capable of sub moa groups I doubt you would ever notice the difference.

That has been my experience as well.

I agree with Tony, I just use the best ones available.
They cost fractions more, and why not. Use the best.

Thanks for your responses. I agree with you. I think I can see a difference but who knows. My rifles and components most always out-shoot me.

Amen to that! I know my guns can shoot a lot better than I can when I'm hunting. But it's just a confidence thing if you know you have the best possible components.

sagehnter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom