Math problem

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Here is a math problem for you. Not a trick question! Just solve it as it reads.

There are 7 girls in a bus. Each girl has 7 backpacks and in each backpack, there are 7 big cats. For every big cat there are
7 little cats.

Question: How many legs are there in the bus?

I want to see how many come up with the same answer as I did.

Eel

Eel, I came up with 2,758 legs. This was one of 5 answers I came up with:)

"You only live once,but if you work it right, once is enough" -Joe E. Lewis

LAST EDITED ON Apr-17-08 AT 09:21PM (MST)[p]

I came up with a rough score of 8,690 lbs! now thats a fat bus driver!!! oh wait that's legs.....yeah that many legs.

47aa8a9e202b0d9f.jpg

last edit: i'm a moron. i'll leave the other answer there, but when i multiplied 1570 and 7 my hand wrote 8,690, and i know why, but my final answer is 10990.

whoops it is 10990. That was my 6th answer.

"You only live once,but if you work it right, once is enough" -Joe E. Lewis

Eel

Have any of the cats had a leg or legs surgicaly removed due to accidents? If so you should be punished for with holding information.

Ransom

It's a hell of a lotta legs. But then there's 56 cats in each backpack (7 big ones and 49 little ones). Now that's a lotta cats! And just imagine what a better world it would be if you just dumped 'em off a bridge. All 2744 of 'em. :)

I got side tracked once and thought the question was how many "cats" were on the bus and just knew it was a trick question since there'd be 7 more than the number above. :)

LAST EDITED ON Apr-17-08 AT 09:47PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-17-08 AT 09:47?PM (MST)

I got 10,990, got it all three times i tried it after i remembered the big cats.

That's way too many cats! Maybe I'll auction off some next time they have an auction in Austin, NV.:)

Eel

I got the ame email. Took about 4 tries but I finally got the screen to come up

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
funny_new_46.gif

LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-08 AT 00:03AM (MST)[p]9,618 after 6 trys lol

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

10992, have to add the bus driver.

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-08 AT 01:30PM (MST)[p]Ahhhh... but how many toes are there? Wouldn't that depend on where they are from? Five toes per foot or six? :)

Don't want to mention any names cuz I might get nuked.

>10992, have to add the bus
>driver.
>

I got 10990 as well but then thought about the bus driver as well. But if you reread the question it never says anything about the bus going anywhere, it may have been parked and the driver could have been in the bathroom. NO BUS DRIVER.

My answer is 10990!!

Jeff

There is no question that there are 10,990 legs on living beings on the bus, but the question asked how many leg are on the bus and that could be construed to include the legs on the seats. We do not know how many seats are in this bus; therefore, there is not enough information to answer the quesion.

Mark

Buses don't have legs, they have wheels and tires. But I still come up with 10,990 legs like everyone else.

Knockm,
my response got nuked.

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

Eel, i been meaning to get around to this one but been pretty busy.

i only come up with 1,582 legs between the cats and the girls. pretty tired, so wouldn't bet on it at'll.

good one!
joey

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-08 AT 06:45PM (MST)[p]IAhunter said....."There are only 14 legs that matter!"

Since this is a math problem, let's figure the possibilitis as to which legs IAhunter was talking about.

1. All 7 girls
2 1 girl and 3 cats
3.3 girls and 2 cats
4.5 girls and 1 cat

Did I miss any?

:)
Eel

sageadvice, get some sleep and try again! LOL

EEL, were those big cats, or little cats?

Sage, try to keep in mind that these are "girls", not women. People might get the wrong idea about you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom