Mathews Monster bow!

desertbucks

I got my Mathews Monster yesterday and shot it through the chrono at 354 fps. The draw cycle takes a little getting use to but the valley at full draw is great. This is going to be a great 3D and huntin bow. Anyone else shoot the new Mathews Monster?

What's the rest of your setup? Is that a hunting arrow speed?

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

I shot the xlr8 the other day.

29" draw, 70 lbs, 700 grain arrow, 260 fps This is almost as fast as my Lx shooting a 370 grain arrow out of 68 lbs.

29" draw, 350 grain arrow, 70 lbs, 357 fps

It held great! Was quiet! No vibration! It did touch my arm just a tad but I was shooting a bow 2" too long with a short brace height. It wont be a problem in the right draw length.

The monster in a 68lbs and 27 inch draw felt awesome. I could pull it straight back sitting on a chair no problems. Didn?t think the bump was a problem at the end of the draw cycle.

If I had the money one of these bows would be sitting in my closet.

By the way these two bows tune right out of the box like a dream.
Also on a side note Chris White just shot a world record with the monster in competition. So it is already proving to be a shooter.

My set up with the monster is 70 pounds 30" draw and a 340 grain arrow at 354 FPS. At full draw this bow holds rock steady.

hopefully....which I'm sure you know....340 is under the 5 grain weight limit.....which will void your warranty. It needs to be at least 350.....I'm shooting mine at 70# 30 inch draw, gold tip Big game 100 arrow that weighs in at 465ish grains....and is shooting right about 305 FPS and generating over 100 KE.....nice bows.

I'm selling a brand new, in the box, never been shot Mathews Monster 70/29. If interested pm me.

I guess there will always be fun haters out there no matter how good the bow is!!!

Monster 70# 29.5" 370 gr arrow 340fps!!!

Oh and dont forget only 95# KE!! Compare that to your bow!

Saw some monsters for the first time this weekend and they looked like they are really nice bows and they shoot pretty fast from what I saw. They people I saw shooting them really seemed to like them.

The shoot I went to had a long range shot at a buffalo that was out there a far piece indeed. Two young guys were shooting their monsters at the target had some decent groups but they weren't in the 10 ring after about 10 shots. Then this old guy walks up there shooting an older bow with aluminum arrows and proceeds to shoot 1 shot about 8" low and the next 2 were in the 10 ring. The two young guys were stunned by it. Little did they know that that old guy was a pretty fair shooter in his day and they just got one upped by experience and skill, not by speed or equipment because they had both of those well in their favor. From what I saw that bow in the right hands is one deadly combination and with practice I'm sure those young fellows will find that out. Like all bows you still have to execute the shot but man they sure seem to be a nice bow.

Very sweet bow! Shot it a few times, loved the feel! I just couldn't find that "perfect fit" for me that I needed with it and went with the Alphamax (solely out of personal comfort). Sounds like you got your fit! Keep us posted on what it does to your buck this year!

Thats a hauln A#$ bow and I can shoot pretty good groups with it. I just was having a hard time with the valley, the transition was pretty rough. I currently shoot a Mathews Drenalin, which I shoot very well, but if I had the extra cash I would purchase one. Although it is kind of hard going from "solo cam" to the dual cam in my pea brain!

Ok I shoot a 70 pount Bowtech Allegance at 70# shooting a 530 grain aluminum shaft at 285... Thats 95.61.

Mathews makes good bows, no arguments there.
But I prefer Bowtech, and I shoot the new 82nd Airborne the best, fastest, quietest, and oh ya the flatest shooting,
bow on the market.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-21-09 AT 11:13AM (MST)[p]It was the shoot Flag archers put on at Willard Springs. Hope you boys are doing well. My wife and I were talking about how much I liked the green Chile burros that we used to get from your club at Ben Avery when we were up there! I always ate 2 or 3 of them and had to listen to your Aunt Kathy giving me crap about it! We used to always have a great time at your shoots.

If that would have been you or your brother shooting all those arrows would have most likely been in the 10 ring!

>I got my Mathews Monster yesterday
>and shot it through the
>chrono at 354 fps. The
>draw cycle takes a little
>getting use to but the
>valley at full draw is
>great. This is going to
>be a great 3D and
>huntin bow. Anyone else shoot
>the new Mathews Monster?

thats a nice bow have fun with it

Chris you just brought back some good memories of the good old days at Ben Avery. I think most people came to our shoots just for the food! The monster does shoot good at long ranges. The Clints Well shoot this year I won the long shot on sat and my bro won it on sunday both of us shooting the Monster.

I have been wanting to try a monster, incredible speed. I have been looking for a drenalin ld. I like the longer bows

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom