Mathews Question

M

mountaineer

I was wondering if it is possible to shoot a drop away rest on a mathews that has the roller instead of a slide type guard. Ive seen a few with the muzzy zero effect but im not sure if a one such as trophy taker or trophy ridge will work.Im just trying to narrow down the new bow choices. thanks for any info. Mountaineer

You can shoot quite a bit of drop-aways on a Mathews. NAP makes one specifically for the Roller Guard. It called the Quicktune RG, I think. There is two types of Quicktunes, one with micro-adjust and one without. I have heard good things about them. Personally, I shoot the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter. I have had good luck with it and I have really never heard anything bad about them. I have heard some negative about the Trophy Ridge Drop-Zone. As far as a new bow, I wouldn't base what I bought on whether or not a certain rest would work. Get what works best for you. If that is a Mathews, so be it.

Ive already shot a mathews legacy and a bowtech patriot. I like both of them. I guess im just looking for an easy way to pick one. I already own a shakey hunter rest and was wanting to use it on on my new bow. mountaineer

My buddy has his legacy set up with a trophy taker and loves it. I would use your shakey hunter on what ever bow you get. Are you set on either one of those two bows or are you going to shoot anymore. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but I would recommend shooting the new Hoyts.

That is a good idea,
If you shoot the mathews solo cam and then the Cam 1/2 by hoyt you might get a better feel for the drop away. Try em out, Most archery shops out there, specially the one I frequent is always glad to let you try out rests.

-Cass

Im shooting a hoyt now and i love it but its ten years old and its time for a new one.Ive already shot a hoyt ultra tec. It was a great bow but i really like the other two bows better. I talked to a freiend that sells hoyts back east and he didnt sound so sure on the "no timing problems" issue. Ive shot around ten bows trying to narrow it down and done allot of research.im planning on keeping the shakey hunter rest and my buddy sold me on spot hogg after i shot his bow. Needless to say im very picky. Thanks for the info guys. Mountaineer

Just got my Mathews LX set up witht the Trophy taker and I love it! No problems except I have that much less excusses for missing now!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom