Mathews Voyager??

utahbigbull

Anyone shooting one of these? If so, how do you like it? I am looking at giving the stick flinging thing a try. I stopped in to Wilde Arrow today and after measuring me up, this is the bow they recomend for a allround starter bow for my size. I am 6'7" and supposedly a 31" draw. I want a good bow without breaking the bank and the Mathews Voyager XT would is at the top of my price range at $699 for something I might or might not enjoy.

I had to look that one up as I am not familiar with it. I also shoot a 31" draw. That bow looks pretty good and I like the speed it is rated. My only concern would be the 34" axle to axle, for a longer draw bow that is a little on the short side. I would recommend looking for a used Drenalin LD if you want to stick with a Mathews, you should be able to pick up a good used one from ebay or archerytalk for about $500. I have been shooting mine for almost 4 years, I have bought a half dozen bows since this one but keep going back to it. It is long and stable and flat out shoots. There is something to be said for going through a bow shop though, especially for a new shooter, and for the money that Voyager looks like a great buy. Best of luck whatever you decide and keep us posted.

Thanks Grizz. It might have helped if I said it was a Mission Voyager by Mathews. I am kind of going into this blind and finding that there is a whole lot more to picking one out than I first thought. Just a beginner trying to find my way :)

You may have answered your own question, having the support of a local archery shop can be priceless. Probably better in the long run to pay just a little more for bow and accessories and have someone to help you learn the ropes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom