Mathews........ YOU COPIED PSE!!!!!

Coloradoboy

Very Active Member
So I drove like a bat out of hell home form wrestling practice to see the new mathews monster. Well personally all i saw was a Pse xforce with a mathews grip lol sorry mathews im sticking with my x force for 09

you might think it might look similar but comparing a pse to a mathews is like comparing a pinto to a mustang

ill drive the mustang/mathews

Archery is a year round commitment!!

Well looks like mathews thinks pse knows how to build a bow. I mean the short split limbs, short brace height, weights on the string, smiliar cams, all pse innovations.. mathews just put a diffrent riser on it with a wooden grip and harmonic dampners. Youre just paying for the name Mathews

It's the archery business and Matt started out making 2 cam bows. By the way think ole Pete has ever copied an archery design or two in his career? I can give you one big example on the Mathews MQ1 and PSE copied that big time. It's not the end of the world be thankful that they're still building better bows.

I have nothing against Mathews here folks...I think they're new line-up will appeal to their customers and they'll no doubt sell a ton of bows. They make a great bow, just like a bunch of other companies out there.

All that being said, this is for you ColoradoBoy...:) A funny picture, even if you're a Mathews fan!

PSE_Mathews.jpg

I have not shot either the x force or monster,but if I were going on looks alone, the monster is the better looking of the two. I bet it will have a better draw cycle as well. JMO

GO ahead and compare a mathews to a mustang, fords are junk anyways. The PSE X-Force is a much better bow than the wanna be "monster", good luck hitting anything with that 5" brace height! Don't dog on PSE they make great equipment. I love my bow.

PSE Staff Member
>>-Bull Ridge->
48d81d380f794705.jpg

http://www.bullridge.com

PSE Staff dude, you aren't bias are you. Have you actually ran an arrow through the Monster or are you blowing smoke with the junk/innacurate talk? My bow is better than yours...whatever. I'll shoot the one that feels best in my hands.

BTW hit up 3DBIGBULL on AT & ask about his awesome X-Force blowing up a week before his elk hunt.

You must be related to Never_Catch & his constant Hoyt commercials. I think ole' Pete copied a few designs in the past.

>GO ahead and compare a mathews
>to a mustang, fords are
>junk anyways. The PSE X-Force
>is a much better bow
>than the wanna be "monster",
>good luck hitting anything with
>that 5" brace height! Don't
>dog on PSE they make
>great equipment. I love my
>bow.
>
>PSE Staff Member
>>>-Bull Ridge->
>
48d81d380f794705.jpg

>http://www.bullridge.com

Maybe I am a little bias but what the hell is knew on this site. Wow someone bein bias, theres a shocker. Maybe I haven't shot their new line but I have shot almost every single one of their other bows and I still like my bow better, again just my opinion. However, I do know that the monster is going to be tough to shoot with only a 5" brace height because my X-Force has a 6" brace height and without practice it is VERY VERY tough to shoot. As for one blowing up, wow another shocker. I would like to think out of probably 1,000,000 bows made one is gonna blow up, whether it be a PSE, Mathews, BowTech, etc.
Im not tryin to bash one bow or another, and ya I probably am a little bias but most of what I stated is fact. They did copy PSE. Look at all the other posts saying the exact same thing.

>>-Bull Ridge->
48d81d380f794705.jpg

Ha ha ha that copy machine is hilarious!!!! all things set aside boys we all know the shooter makes the bow so really its what you prefer. So bullridge and myself will continue the pse brotherhood and you mathews faithful can get your genuine mathews x force i mean monster ;-)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-18-08 AT 10:27PM (MST)[p]Not the first time and won't be the last time a bow company has borrowed ideas from another one. The PSE DUrango in the late 90's was an abstolute knockoff of the MQ-1. I would imagine that Matthews has just been waiting for PSE to come out with something worth copying to return the favor.....it only took a decade!

By the way, hilarious picture!

Nice picture. I will stick with my PSE for now.

--I'm looking for a man... who calls himself Bucho! That's all! And you had to do it, the hard way!--

So if they copied PSE (Its the EXACT same thing as the x force. Limbs, Speed Weights, IDENTICAL Cams, short brace height - your words)6" brace height by the way, unless you are speaking of the XLR8 cams - why is it such a POS, especially without shooting it?

It's one thing to express your preference but it's another to sound absolutely ignorant in doing so. I've shot most of the high end Hoyt's & PSE's as well, none feel as good TO ME as my 05 Switchback. I don't care for the Dren or the DXT, I love my Mathews but I certainly won't jump on the internet sucking the the nipple of my bow mfg choice like some seem to do. Different people, different options - it's all good.

You said yourself "because my X-Force hasa 6" brace height and without practice it is VERY VERY tough to shoot." pot calling the kettle black?

>Maybe I am a little bias
>but what the hell is
>knew on this site. Wow
>someone bein bias, theres a
>shocker. Maybe I haven't shot
>their new line but I
>have shot almost every single
>one of their other bows
>and I still like my
>bow better, again just my
>opinion. However, I do know
>that the monster is going
>to be tough to shoot
>with only a 5" brace
>height because my X-Force has
>a 6" brace height and
>without practice it is VERY
>VERY tough to shoot. As
>for one blowing up, wow
>another shocker. I would like
>to think out of probably
>1,000,000 bows made one is
>gonna blow up, whether it
>be a PSE, Mathews, BowTech,
>etc.
>Im not tryin to bash one
>bow or another, and ya
>I probably am a little
>bias but most of what
>I stated is fact. They
>did copy PSE. Look at
>all the other posts saying
>the exact same thing.
>
>>>-Bull Ridge->
>
48d81d380f794705.jpg

>http://www.bullridge.com

Ha ha lets have a mathews vs pse battle royale shootout to decide the matter. So anybody have and insight on the hoyt alphamax?

> So
>anybody have and insight on
>the hoyt alphamax?

It'll blow your X-force and the Monster right outta the water! ;-)

Seriously, a "fast" bow is not the end-all, and although the AlphaMax IBO's a good bit slower than the other two the bow seems like it's going to be a winner. Not to mention plenty, plenty fast. Good bow.

Wakin,

Before you come on here jumping me why don't you read my post right. I did not ONCE call it a POS. I was stating my opinion like everyone else on this sight, especially this post. I love how you only attack me when many others have made the same commemnts I have. I have my opinion and I expressed it, and who the hell are you to tell me I am right or wrong? Your not just like I have no business telling others what or how to shoot etc. I simply said I like my bow better and that Mathews did copy PSE because they did. Thats all. If you shoot Mathews fine, hoyt or bowtech thats fine to, great! Shootint is all that matters, thats the important thing. As for expressing my opinion I will just have to start putting "IMO" on everything I write like everyone else does.

-IMO

>>-Bull Ridge->
48d81d380f794705.jpg

colo boy i think i might know a little secret about how committed you realy are to pse ha ha ha ha

Just Living The Dream

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-08 AT 05:47PM (MST)[p]Every time I look at a compound bow that costs more than my M700/338wm in stainless steel W/syn stock (and there seems to be more and more of them with every passing year) I always say to myself or the salesmen trying to convince me that a $800+ bow is magicly some how going to make me a better hunter than a bow costing 1/2 the price:
ME:
"So where is it, when you gona show me it, hows it atatch?"
Salesmen:
"Whatcha talkin about?"
ME:
"Cmon you can tell me its OK, where is it?"
Salsmen:
"No, I dont have any idea what your talking about"
ME:
"OK, the d**k s*****g atatchment, for $800 this bow had better be able to s**k my d**k.

Things tend to go south from there. I shoot a near 10yr old PSE XLR 900 and it is all the bow anyone could ever need (read that need as there is a diference between need and want) to kill any north american animal. I shoot my arrows at around 260fps and for me its a great bow. No way on earth can anyone tell me the $700-$800 bows can do anything better except go faster and it dont matter how fast you miss something.

To each his own. Those willing to spend $800 on a bow every other year God bless, you keep the archery industry going and that is truely your perogative. I simply can not see any reasons to justify buying a new bow every 1 or 2 years.

I love PSE bows as I feel they are among the best value in archery. I own three at the present, my three friends own PSE bows and we are all happy and have killed truck loads of deer with them. It is nothing more than a p1ssing match when anyone tries to say which bow is better made than another. Kinda like getting into an argument over whos thw hottest babe in hollywood.
Most all archery Cos. make fine quality bows. Our liability laws demand it if nothing else.

Mathews copied PSE ??? What ever, does that mean GMC copied Ford when they put wheels and tires on their cars? Did Kenmore copy Whirlpool when they put a motor in their washing machines and painted the outside white? Thats just the way it is. Now Mathews will try to improve the Monster and the consumer wins.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-08 AT 09:06PM (MST)[p]art338wm, well said.

Come on guys...we all have our opinions. Each person shoots what they like and they shouldn't have to feel like they need to prove it to anybody else. Opinions are opinions. Leave it at that and we will all be happier. Brand bashing doesn't get anybody anywhere. People drive different brands of vehicles, use different kinds of tooth brushes, eat different food, etc. etc.... Use what you like and what fits you best regardless of brand and be happy!

Jared "J-Rod" Bloomgren
PSE Pro Staff-SD
Sitka Gear Pro Staff
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
Wac'em Broadheads Pro Staff
Hips Targets Pro Staff
Team UOA Pro Staff www.teamuoa.com
www.myspace.com/jaredbloomgren
http://www.camospace.com/Bloomgren

"Getting close to game undetected and maintaining self control while delivering a well placed shot are the true keys to bowhunting success." -M.R.James

Copy? What copy? These two bows look nothing alike. LOL. Mathews already make the best bows, right? They wouldn't ever need to copy PSE, would they?
MonsterXForce.jpg

I will say that the mathews looks cooler...:) I've always thought that the PSE's were ugly, but at least mathews made it look better.

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

just curious on why the starter of this nice little thread was in such a hurry to look at the new mathews if he loved his pse so much? doesnt make sense to me.and if nobody tried to make a product better by copying it and upgrading it the way they liked the archery industry wouldnt go anywhere to fast.and if the two bows are so identical how come the pse boys are saying it is junk?and i dont know who said the brace height is too short but the monster i believe is 6 inches and the x-force i believe is 6 inches??? when i pick out a bow i go shoot all the ones i can get my hands on that i am interested in and buy the one that i like best then i shoot it till i do it all over again.currently im shooting the bowtech guardian, why because at the time i liked it best.do i think all other bows are junk ? heck no i just preffered the guardian.dont we archery lovers have something better to talk about then Mathews YOU COPIED PSE boo- -hooo

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-08 AT 12:26PM (MST)[p]While bow companies have peeked at other products and redesigned in the past this particular situation is different. The reason I say this is that Mathews had a complete paradigm shift in how they engineered and produced this bow. No more solo cam, split limbs, pre loaded limbs and a 5 inch brace height.

This was an abnormally significant change and this is why people have noticed it more than before. But why should anyone really care. More awesome bows for us archers. And trust me; I don't have any interest in this deal as I am on contract with a bow company that is not PSE or Mathews.

Paul

Dont shoot either bow manufacturer now or in the past...

Sounds like this is just a Mathews owners vs. PSE owners debate! Or who copied who if any.

They look alike. All bow look alike for that matter. Two cams, two limbs sometimes split sometimes solid, a riser, grip with strings!

Overal designs are very similar between the two. However, when you look closely there is quite a bit of difference to each piece cam, riser, cable guard, limds..etc.

You all can keep on arguing though. It's at least funny to read the posts!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom