Matthews Helium Reviews

brookhunter19

Matthews Helium Reviews

I would like to know if anybody has shot the new Helium? If so, I would like to hear some reviews. I would as lso like to hear any reviews on any of the other manufactures 2012 products. I am curious what Bowtech is going to release at the ATA show next month. I am hoping it is better than the Invasion.

Brookhunter

RE: Matthews Helium Reviews

I haven't shot the new Helium but I have read a few reviews on it as I was making up my mind on a bow search too. Most said don't replace the Z7 with the new Helium as they shoot pretty much the same. One person said it even had a slight vibration to it. I really didn't like the idea of a hollow riser filled with helium either, maybe after it's been proven for a few years that could change but for now it seems risky to me IMO.

After a year of saving and a LOT of research and talking to others even on this site, I just bought the Bowtech Invasion. Curious, What in your opinion would Bowtech do better than the Invasion? The only complaint I have heard from that bow is the short ATA. A few have expressed if that same bow was longer it would be perfect bow for them. IMO it's a mechanical marvel and a very sweet, forgiving, quiet, and dead in the hands bow even for the shorter ATA. Im not trying to push the Invasion by any means, Im just curious what you would think Bowtech could do to be better and why.

Most on this site will advise you to shoot as many different bows as you can. I echo that same advise. Hopefully you don't have the same handy cap I do, Im left handed. The PRO shops I have here in the valley didn't have different manufacturers with a short draw left handed bow for me to shoot. I mostly went off of feel in the hand when it came down to the grip, the grip is thinner than most. After that I went off of advice from others that are hunting with the new bows and I started narrowing down my search. During that search I picked the bows apart on the internet and learned as much about the designs and mechanical advantages of each that I could. The Invasion IMO beat them all right down to tuning.

Good luck in your search and have fun with it. Most bows these days are the like Chevy, Ford and Dodges. All are great, just find the one that fits you the best.

GBA

Hhmmm, my mistake on the Mathews Helium bows, I was going off of a couple of other forums rather than looking up bow specs on this. A couple of different guy?s had mentioned d the riser was hollowed and then filled with helium. After posting the above I decided something just didn't seem right so I did some digging. It's their design on their new risers that makes them light weight and that's where they get the name. Sorry for my error in taking something off of a forum instead of checking on the facts first. Hope I didn't step on any Mathews shooters toes out there!

GBA

I understand the light weight bow craze, but all that weight savings goes away when you start putting on stabilizers, sights, rests, and what not on it to make it functional. Also a lighter bow is a noisy bow, that is why stabilizers are put on bows, to make them heavier and to absorb the vibrations that turn into sounds that can spook game. I saw the speed on it as well, 320ish I think; not exactly wha I would call blistering. I would rather go with a Reezen if I was going with a single cam bow, but I am hoping in a few years when I finally pull the trigger on a new bow that the Monster series will still be around. I loved it from the first time I fired the release.
WVBOWAK

The Heli-M is a great shooting bow. Only morons would believe that it is filled with helium! Anyway, great shooter, new string stop is awesome, and no vibration at all with great balance.

I have owned the Z7 since it came out in 2010. Absolutely love it. The new Heli-M shoots just as great but is a touch lighter. The Invasion from Bowtech is also a great bow. A little more aggressive on the draw and not quite as smooth on the shot as the Mathews but still a great shooting bow. I was also very impressed with the new RKT cam on the Hoyt line this year. The Evo from PSE is another fantastic shooting bow.

Mathews Z7
Easton FMJ 340
Sure Loc Single pin
TEAM RAMROD

I about Popped a Lung when I read that some ppl believe the the riser is hollowed out and filled with actual Helium!
My opinion on the New Helium is that it is CHEAP. So what they made it lighter. I think why they bost about they weight so much is because it is .1 ounces lighter than the Hoyt Element, which is a much better bow and could weigh less than the Helium if Hoyt made it a 30" A-to-A.

The reason I think the Helium is Cheap is because all the decent parts they took off and replaced with light carbon rods and Cheaper, lighter aluminum cams and Idler wheel that would be nothing without that draw stop that Mathews has never had to use before until now.

the only good thing they changed from the Z7 to it is that they deepened the shelf a little so that it is a little easier to tune. But from my experience in the shop, the Z7 always tuned with no problem. I'm definitely not going to jump on with the rest of the Mathews Fanatics and Praise this new bow like they have so far.

Im a big mathews guy but I wont buy a mathews hunting bow. Monster is a huge boat anchor to carry around. The waffle designs are ugly as heck. Not a fan of the short axle to axle bows. There not as fast as the rest of the bows out and most tune two close to the riser for my comfort causing fetching contact in some instances.

Mathews target bows are awesome and cant say anything bad about them.

If im going to buy a hunting bow id look at in no particular order, g5, pse, bowtec. I probably like the bowtec bows the best but I always hear there customer service sucks and always seem to have problems with the limbs.

I hear the g5 will give you your strings for life. This should be a good selling point to the guys that buy a quality string every year. Some of those strings will go anywhere from 60-120 bucks. I also think the g5 is an awesome bow for the mid range speed guys.

they seem like good bows. I shot one the other day and they dont vibrate at all. Im a recurve guy so I dont hunt with one so you may not want to go with what i say. I will say that the speed stuff is over rated. I can and have killed game at 35 yards with a longbow so the speed doesnt matter if you dont have weight to go with it. That is why so many guys dont get good penetration on the videos and such. Speed isnt the most important part of a bow. It is the guy holding it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom