Maui

202typical

Long Time Member
Just got back from 8 days in Maui. Stayed at the Westin Resort and Spa. mY take is that Maui/Hawaii in general is way over rated. I will never vacation there again. The high light for me was the day I took a flight over to Pearl Harbor. Saw the Arizona Memorial. Quite sombering. Checked out the Pearl Harbor Avenger then went over and toured the Mighty Mo. That was awesome.
Very expensive place, Maui. When I arrived and got in my over priced room I noticed no mini bar so I promptly ordered a 12 pack of Coors Light up to my room................$100.00 I nearly passed out.
Surfed, scuba dived, fished, went sight seeing, whale watching (note to Dman, No reincarnated Indian whales by the way...just kidding) It was OK, but not great. I could have ahd just as much fun at South Padre Island for about 1/5th the cost.
Here is a couple of Reincarnated Indians/whales
45e8792a15cba0ab.jpg

45e879911d5c73d9.jpg

Arizona's Bell
45e87a09246322bc.jpg

The Mighty Mo.
45e87a9f2aa98b3a.jpg

Pearl Harbor Avenger
45e87ae62dac22da.jpg

Doin some fishing
45e87b2d31130d4c.jpg

Well, don't rub it in or nothing! WHOO HOO! Whoop dee crunch! SOTX got to go to Hawaii!! Neat. We are all reeeeeeeeaallllly impressed! x( x( :-( ;-)! LOL!

Cool pics. How were the luaus? And the leighs? And the beaches? Did you run into DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER? How about his wife BETH? MAN that gal has some serious, uh, well uh, uh - well did you run in to them or not? Did you get to surf? Did you get to hunt a goat on the slopes of a volcano?

Awesome trip I'm sure and great accomodations. I hope you had a great time - we missed you here! (in TX, not on MM)

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

You went to Maui and all we get is some pictures of whales and ships? I admit the ships are pretty cool, but come on! With all the global warming there must have been some bikinis running around! LOL!

Eel

yeah they missed him in TX , with every bullet so far.

Just kidding, It's dull aroung here since the Zumbo thing died down so get one of your famous 202 political threads going and tell us why England pulling troops out of Iraq is a good sign . or why now that everything else has been tried Condi is sitting down with Iran and Syria for the first time in 6 years, but that shows we're winning no doubt. good to have you back, start your the spin machine up and let's have some fun.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-07 AT 06:12PM (MST)[p]My wife and I went to Hawaii two years ago and loved every minute of it. And yes, we did see Dog the Bounty Hunter and his son Leland at the Hardrock Cafe.

It is very expensive. But worth it. I want to go back soon.

Good pics, thanks for posting. I did the same trip with the family a couple years back and after 4 days on Oahu and 4 in Maui I was sooo ready to get the heck out of there. I was calling for earlier flights till the wife bout killed me.

Did you notice that the Arizona Memorial was FULL of Japanese tourists but not a one on the Missouri? Prideful folk.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-07 AT 11:21PM (MST)[p]That's funny 202, I just returned from Maui today too!

We had an awesome time though, we stayed at The Whaler on Kaanapauli (sp?), and had a great time swimming in the ocean, playing in the sand, and otherwise just enjoying the perfect weather in paradise. We are already talking about going back next year. We took our kids this year, but my wife and I will probably go alone next time.

How can you be dissatisfied with a view like this?

IMG_0095.jpg

Me and the boy acting goofy:

IMG_0138.jpg

Saw some really cool dolphins too:

IMG_0151.jpg

Sorry to hear that you didn't have a good time, but rest assured, I had enough fun for both of us!!

I will echo your sentiments about the prices of stuff over there. While I didn't spend $100 bucks on a twelve pack, I certainly did a double take every time a purchase was rang up!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-07 AT 05:01AM (MST)[p]You are right 202, Hawaii is a joke and way over priced. Next time, go to Puerto Vallarta or Cancun. 1/2 the cost and 2x the fun.

Oak you are absolutly right. Japanese all over the Pearlharbor memorial yet not a single japanese in sight when I toured the Mo.

Interesting to say the least.

Dude hang in there. I will be posting some more patriotic things for your America hating lefties.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom