Max Points Mule Deer 2011 with 5

elkhunter7pt

I'm looking at a number of units for a non-resident. I have max point of five and want to hunt public land. Can someone steer me in a good direction for a possible 160 plus alos maxed out on antelope. Any help would be appreciated.

Just got back from 90-1 antelope and it exceeded all of our expectations. The unit is pretty much all public and has a ton of animals. I'd go every year if I could. I was really impressed with the amount of antelope we saw as it was my first trip to Wyoming. Hope this helps.

Did I miss a something...like a whole year?

I thought max points was 4, not 5?

GrizlyHunter

So the max as of today is 4 then...right?

But even if I were to apply in the spring of 2011 I'll still only have 4 points, but it would be my 5th time applying.

GrizlyHunter

>Max is 5 points. If
>you didn't draw this year
>you have 5 points.

For NR?

GrizlyHunter

Damn it! I thought my blackouts stopped when I got out of college...I guess not. :-(

GrizlyHunter

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-10 AT 11:31AM (MST)[p]Wait...I just checked "AND" I read the fine print. It says:

0 0 4 4 0

"This is the total number of Moose, Sheep, Elk, Deer, and Antelope Preference Points that are currently in the system. The total(s) include Preference Points earned by Unsuccessful applicants of the 2010 Draw(s). Preference Points applied for in July through September of 2010 will be reflected in your totals in mid November."

Since I applied for points in September, and not the license, my points will be reflected in mid November. If mid-November is after today (I hope) then I'll be bumped up to 5 points.

So it looks like my black-out wasn't for a whole year. WOW...that was close! ;-)

I apologize for temporarily high-jacking this thread. If anyone has some insight for the author's question please take the time to share it.

GrizlyHunter

I hope for your sake thats the truth because Griz because I checked last week and again right now and my said:
Description: Moose Sheep Elk Deer Antelope
Current Preference Points: 0 0 5 5 3
Checked my Dad and Brothers and theirs all said 5 points as well last week.
And We applied in late Sept. for points only.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-10 AT 06:45AM (MST)[p]Moosey69,

Unfortunately you are correct. I have confirmed that I have only 4 points for both elk and deer.

Bummer. :-(

GrizlyHunter

I'm a non resident as well with max points for deer elk and antelope. Kind of interested in what others have to say/recommend also. Realistically, I will not hunt for deer or elk for at least 5 more years but more like 10 years, due to responsibilities at home and work.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom