Max points What would you do?

G

gilamonster8

If you had max points (10) for deer which unit would be your first choice AZ 13A or 13b? Mine has allways been 13A, but that is because I've hunted it 4 times and know the unit and have never set foot in 13B. Do you think 13b is So much better that you would put in there even tho you dont know the unit?

Depends, if you plan on hiring a guide, or have the time to learn 13b, then I would hold out for 13b. If not then I think you would probably have a better chance at a monster deer in the unit that you already know. Also you have a better chance at drawing 13a, since I think there is a couple hundred max point holders and only about a dozen max point tags in 13b.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-15-07 AT 04:04PM (MST)[p]13A has been producing very well the last few years. The dates have been favorable (mid November). If you have decent knowledge of 13A, you can do just as good there, as you could in 13B.......Stan

If you know 13A better, and know where the big bucks are, I'd hunt there. If you are applying for 13B thinking it will be easier to get a big buck, you may want to rethink that.

It's Bush's fault!!!

Everyone keeps telling me 13b 13b 13b. I know that unit has the monsters, but I was lucky enough to get a 213 buck in 13a back in 96. Thank you all for your input, I have two buddys that have 10 points also and we are looking forward to one of us getting the tag the the next few years.Last year i think there was 333 of us with max points so our odds are getting better and i'm second guessing myself on 13b.We are all 45 years old, and tags are harder to come by so this maybe are last tags in the area.

I too am a max points holder, and all I can say is that I'll be darned glad when I draw either of the 13 units. I put in for B as my first choice, and A as my second. I plan to hunt with a good guide since it'll be a one time deal, and I don't think I can go wrong in either unit.

Like the post ahead of mine that states you're all 45, I know how you feel. I'll be 49 next season, and figure I'll get one shot to hunt this unit with a rifle. I plan to make it count.

I'M A MAX POINT HOLDER ALSO, I HAVE 11 POINTS GOING INTO 2008. I TOOK THE HUNTER SAFTY COURSE....ARE WE NOT IN THE SAME POOL, JUST WONDERING....YD.

That is what I was going to say its 11 I have 10 and until I take the class my 10 points wont get me a tag anytime to soon and even with 11 it could be a long wait.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom