Max Points

MQQSE

There are a bunch of us in the same boat, with max points for deer and elk who are thinking the same thoughts as me. So here goes...

Is there any elk units clearly above the rest?
Which units?
I just want a quality hunt for a 320 type bull, so where should I apply?

It would be nice to hunt elk soon and get back on the point hunt again.

As for deer, I do not see any reason to burn those points for a several years until things change. I think I am better to sit on them and hunt deer on my Missouri farm until the right opportunity presents itself.

What are other guys with max points thinking? My wife has max as well and she feels the same.

I burned my antelope points on area 58 a few years ago and killed an 83" buck. Also was fortunate enough to kill a Booner moose the same year. Pure luck!

Hopefully sheep are a few years down the road (like 10 or so).

Just search the archives on this site. Plenty of threads. No need to rehash.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, UBNM, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

I agree with Zim. LOTS of info here. There are many units where you can have a quality hunt for a 320 bull. The deer situation has been beaten to death but there are still units that you can have a very good hunt for 160 -170 bucks. So, I guess it depends what you're looking for. Good luck. Chip

LAST EDITED ON May-16-12 AT 06:59AM (MST)[p]Yes, I agree ton of info and too broad a question on the elk. To answer your question, yes there are several areas that are above the rest, but only if you get on good private land with an outfitter. Now if you DIY that depends on whether or not you have pack animals. Pretty much all the tags that are composed of mostly public land that you can hunt on foot are are about the same...great opportunities for 280-320 bulls. Deer, yes save your points.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom