Maybe AZGFD will Contract WYGFD to do their Draws!

Pay up front would eliminate the rejection/charging/restacking problems. They don't want to post results untill that is sorted out. I hate that a fraud alert or charge card company glitch that could happen to anyone at any time could cause your application to be rejected and drop you down two points levels!

I saw a podcast but a hunter application service where there was speculation of funny business. For sure, AZ is the most user unfriendly draw and most likely to confuse and trip up applicants.

Pay up front would eliminate the rejection/charging/restacking problems. They don't want to post results untill that is sorted out. I hate that a fraud alert or charge card company glitch that could happen to anyone at any time could cause your application to be rejected and drop you down two points levels!

I saw a podcast but a hunter application service where there was speculation of funny business. For sure, AZ is the most user unfriendly draw and most likely to confuse and trip up applicants.
Pay up front would cut down the number of applications but wouldn't inherently improve the service. NV does the draw, sends out notifications, and then charges the cards all in one day. It can be done.

Pay up front would cut down the number of applications but wouldn't inherently improve the service. NV does the draw, sends out notifications, and then charges the cards all in one day. It can be done.
True, but AZ rejects on a failed charge, the only state to do that dirty deed to applicants. Going to next in line takes them more time to sort out who moves up (either a lower choice applicant or someone who didn't make the first cut). If a lower choice applicant moves up, there is sorting out backfill. They do not want to post till that is all sorted out.

NV gives you a chance to make the charge good and is ok with posting results after verification. WY charges first, so no applicants are rejected for bad charges.

Anyway, today at midnight is the last day to update cards. That means they charge tomorrow. AZ is the last hope for most including me. Good luck!

EF sums up my concern with AZ! You could not draw a tag and drop 2 points for something that is not your fault in any way. My CC companies do pretty well, but I've had my card declined while getting fuel out of state. Could you imagine your card getting denied for a sheep tag? You couldn't even call your CC company...it'd be too late. AZGFD would have already gave it to someone else. AZ's draw system is scary on so many levels. I love the NV system that allows you to update cards and put in a secondary card for back up. Back in 2014 I drew a LE archery elk tag in UT with 4 points and when they went to charge the card it was declined (can't recall why). A nice lady from the UDWR called me and asked if I wanted the tag and was happy to take a new CC for payment. Personally I prefer paying for the tag upfront and then getting a refund.

Last edited:
You could not draw a tag and drop 2 points for something that is not your fault in any way.
This has been mentioned twice, which has me curious. How does a CC denial drop two points? Or are you just referencing point creep? Thanks in advance.

This has been mentioned twice, which has me curious. How does a CC denial drop two points? Or are you just referencing point creep? Thanks in advance.
If your application is rejected, it is treated as you did not apply. You do not get the point from the application and you lose the loyalty point for the next 5 applications. You fall back two points from where you would be with an unsuccessful application. But the worst scenario would being rejected from something like sheep, where you probably will not ever draw the tag again.

If your application is rejected, it is treated as you did not apply. You do not get the point from the application and you lose the loyalty point for the next 5 applications. You fall back two points from where you would be with an unsuccessful application. But the worst scenario would being rejected from something like sheep, where you probably will not ever draw the tag again.
Yup, happened to me once when I relied on my younger, dumb a$$ brother to put us in. He jacked up the application. My bad, don’t trust your little brothe!?

That's not true. Once you apply; drawn, not drawn, rejected or dead you still get your point. Many years ago it was that way if you were rejected but you're now guaranteed the point and you don't lose the loyalty.

how would you know that you were rejected from a declined card, would you get an email notice from Arizona.
I've never had it happen but I know you get no email from azgfd. I think some guys figure out from their card company. Have heard it also shows something on your portal when results are released.

I see what you mean Elmer. Hopefully LR is right and that has been corrected. But, it IS the AZGFD draw system we're talking about so no telling.

Thanks guys.

That's not true. Once you apply; drawn, not drawn, rejected or dead you still get your point. Many years ago it was that way if you were rejected but you're now guaranteed the point and you don't lose the loyalty.
The wording has changed to if your card is declined, you will not be drawn. I know people who were rejected in previous years for that. Thanks for correcting me!

Screenshot_20230620-095016.png

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom