MB packing in tremonton

hhunter23

anyone use these guys for game processing? i usually just do all my own cutting and wrapping, but decided to try them for some jerky on a mule deer i killed in wyoming. ive got a bad taste so far with them. any other experiences with meat packing places?

"Shoot Straight"

I think Springville Meat does the best job...their jerky is awesome.

Cutbow

Springville Meats, or Ron's Meats in Helper. I used to know of another one but have had bad experiences lately so won't mention their names due to them making good on everything. But yeah I would continue to cut my own from here on out if I was you.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

Yeah I would personally stay away from MB, if you're only looking around the Tremonton area check out Kasey Gibbs in Beaver Dam. It's just outside Tremonton on the way to Logan and he does a great job.

It's been several years but I used them in the past and never had an issue.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

i am looking around Logan, Tremonton area just for the convenience of living in Logan.i have used old west before and he does a fantastic job, but when i called him to do this deer he was full. horlachers in Logan is a no go for me as i have been in the back of their shop before and didn't like what i saw.

here is the story.
i took my meat to MB on September 16th. this year. there was 44 lbs of meat. they said it would be about a week and a half for it to be done. well here it is November 5th and i still don't have anything from them. i call them every ten days or so to get an update and i get the same answers, it will be done the end of this week. the owner finally told me they had an employee blow up the grinder and then he got fired. after which he broke in and vandalized the place. he said it shut them down for a little over a week. I have been pretty patient with them and gave them the benefit of the doubt. im pretty fed up with this and just kinda want to vent. what would some of you do in this situation? am i unreasonable to think i don't need to pay full price? or anything? looking for suggestions. thanks in advanced

"Shoot Straight"

>i am looking around Logan, Tremonton
>area just for the convenience
>of living in Logan.i have
>used old west before and
>he does a fantastic job,
>but when i called him
>to do this deer he
>was full. horlachers in Logan
>is a no go for
>me as i have been
>in the back of their
>shop before and didn't like
>what i saw.
>
>here is the story.
>i took my meat to MB
>on September 16th. this year.
>there was 44 lbs of
>meat. they said it would
>be about a week and
>a half for it to
>be done. well here it
>is November 5th and i
>still don't have anything from
>them. i call them every
>ten days or so to
>get an update and i
>get the same answers, it
>will be done the end
>of this week. the owner
>finally told me they had
>an employee blow up the
>grinder and then he got
>fired. after which he broke
>in and vandalized the place.
>he said it shut them
>down for a little over
>a week. I have been
>pretty patient with them and
>gave them the benefit of
>the doubt. im pretty fed
>up with this and just
>kinda want to vent. what
>would some of you do
>in this situation? am i
>unreasonable to think i don't
>need to pay full price?
>or anything? looking for suggestions.
>thanks in advanced
>
>"Shoot Straight"

That is very out of character from my experience with them unless they changed ownership. The longest I ever waited was two weeks. It was pretty much a family run deal when I was using them.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom