Mccain = Teddy Roosevelt

202typical

Long Time Member
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/07/13/america/mccain.php

"dude, nothing we can say will make us like as childish/silly as the rants you post. We HAVE posted the parts, you chose to ignore them. We get it, you like soldiers that sell out their fellow soldiers for political gain, and you hate or hold in contempt those that take a stand. We get that you manage to see NOTHING but bad in Republicans, and nothing put pure and honorable intentions from fellow limp wristed libs. We got it already, now move on."
(PRO July 3, 2008)

yeah, whatever.

McCain has more in common than any recent rebublican candidate I can recall but he's a far strech from the man TR was.

I will say that McCain is closer to being TR than Obama is to being JFK that's for damn sure.

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

I knew that would get to you Dude. I happen to agree with that article somwhat. There are a lot of parralels to be drawn between the two mens style of politics........like it or not!

"dude, nothing we can say will make us like as childish/silly as the rants you post. We HAVE posted the parts, you chose to ignore them. We get it, you like soldiers that sell out their fellow soldiers for political gain, and you hate or hold in contempt those that take a stand. We get that you manage to see NOTHING but bad in Republicans, and nothing put pure and honorable intentions from fellow limp wristed libs. We got it already, now move on."
(PRO July 3, 2008)

I would much rather McCain think himself in the mold of Teddy Roosevelt than in the mold of Ronald Reagon, we just had that and thank god its almost over, no matter what happens this fall the far right loses. I didn't get any great tags, but its going to be a good season

Piper you bring up a good point, Obama and McCain both spell death for the far right nut jobs. the fact McCain won the primary tells us the republican party has come closer to center to survive, and any comparison between TR and McCain means things are getting better and the ditto heads are going the way of the Do Do Bird.

As long as we don't swing too far the other direction we're already ahead of the game.

You keep thinking that dude. Republicans will can seats back ONLY when they go back to being conservatives. The reason the party is where it is, is due to them acting like dumblicans.

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

One of the best books you will ever read is called "River of Doubt" about TR's trip down the one of the branches of the amazon....incredible.

I haven't read that one but I've yet to read anything by TR I didn't like. a true American hero.

Since I know how much Dude and Piper and Zigga love Rush, here are a couple quotes from yesterday......

"According to Iranian official figures from a website that I found, unemployment in Iran is between eight and 10%, and the inflation rate recently surpassed 25%. This guy, Ahmadinejad, is Jimmy Carter 2. Obama would be Jimmy Carter 3."

"Yeah, here it is, LA Times: 'Obama, McCain Agree on Many Once-Divisive Issues.' Awwww, that's a beautiful thing! Yes, they're both centrists now."

Eel

I have read that, its good, a little dark like the trip,many people think that adventure helped do TR in.

you know eel, thats great to know but I didn't need to hear the Jimmy Carter part, thats whats so pathetic about Rush and his ditto heads, Carter has served this country and still serves this country more than Rush and all his hate pushing ditto heads put together

Yes it would be the craps if we had a centrist president who tried to bring the nation together. if we didn't have hate Rush would be out of a job and stealing hub caps to support his drug habit.

The guy is an all American Stud. We need to figure out how to clone him and Reagan and get him in this presidentail race...I did?nt know this about him until; recently?he was shot in an asssinaion attempt?the original story is below

Milwaukee, Wis., October 14 -- A desperate attempt to kill Col. Theodore Roosevelt tonight failed when a 32 caliber bullet aimed directly at the heart of the former president and fired at short range by the crazed assailant, spent part of its force in a bundle of manuscript containing the address which Co. Roosevelt was to deliver tonight, and wounded the Progressive candidate for President.
Col. Roosevelt delivered part of his scheduled address with the bullet in his body, his blood staining his white vest as he spoke to a huge throng at the auditorium. Later, he collapsed, weakened by the wound, and was rushed to Emergency hospital.
Shot in Front of Hotel
The shooting took place in the street in front of the Hotel Gilpatrick. Col. Roosevelt reached Milwaukee shortly after 5 o'clock and making his way through the crowd which had gathered at the station, entered an automobile and was driven to a private dining room on the main floor with the members of the party on his private car.
After dinner Col. Roosevelt stood up, waving his hat in answer to the cheers of the crowd. The assassin was standing in the crowd a few feet from the automobile. He pushed his way to the side of the car and, raising his gun, fired.
Henry F. Cochems, former athlete and Chairman of the Progressive Party speaker's bureau, and Elbert Martin, Roosevelt's stenographer, seized the man and held him until policemen came up. John Schrank, who is small of stature, admitted firing the shot and said that "any man looking for a third term ought to be shot."
Col. Roosevelt barely moved as the shot was fired. Before the crowd knew what had happened, Martin, who is six feet tall and a former football player, had landed squarely on the assassin's shoulders and borne him to the ground. He threw his right arm about the man's neck with a death-like grip and with his left arm seized the hand that held the revolver. In another second he had disarmed him.
All this happened within a few seconds and Col. Roosevelt stood gazing rather curiously at the man who attempted his life before the stunned crowd realized what was going on.
Col. Roosevelt refused to allow doctors to examine him at first. Later, doctors made an examination of the wound and announced "Col. Roosevelt is suffering from a superficial flesh wound. Bleeding was insignificant. He soon traveled on to the Auditorium where he was scheduled to give a speech."
Bullet Perforates Manuscript
The manuscript of his speech doubtless had done much to save his life. When he had come upon the platform at the Auditorium he drew the manuscript from his vest pocket during his first few words, the torn sheets of paper, showing many stains blood, showed also that the bullet had gone through the manuscript.
"You see," cried the colonel holding up the manuscript so that the audience could see the bullet hole through the sheets of paper, "It takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose."

"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly...who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom