McConnell takes credit for economy

azbullhunter

Mitch said the greatly improving economy is because of the election. Never mind Congress has been in session for one week. He apparently did not read the news the past year. To fill him in, the economy added more jobs in 2014 than any year since 1999. Christmas sales up 3.2 % Unemployment rate the lowest since 2008. 2.95 million jobs created last year. Car sales setting records and gas prices are low. I am glad that Dodge and GM are still around and making millions and paying taxes even though many like Mitt opposed the President I am sure glad we have the keystone pipeline to transport all this oil we need. Oh it has not been approved yet, I forgot.

No inflation with low interest rates.

Employers cut the fewest number of jobs since 1997 also.

I am glad the do nothing Congress was in session and cooperated with the President. Let us vote again to abolish the affordable care act. By the way the number of Americans without health insurance is at its lowest percentage since 1997. Less free loaders for me to pay for. Hospital Corporation of America reported that in the six states they operate in, the un-reimbursed rate is down 42% so they are very happy more people have insurance so they get paid more often.

Oh well I could go on and on by why bother as no one will dispute the facts but excuses and opinions will follow.

I wish Mitch would have read the news more......even though he is from Kentucky, I assume he can read?????????????????????

"Employers cut the fewest number of jobs since 1997 also". Sure they have as they are at rock bottom on employees to run the business.
As for the rest of your liberal B.S., stayed tuned it will not stay so rosy with our present white house leadership.

I also think Obama is going to get the keystone pipeline shoved up his butt hole and if he veto's it, he will send several states to the red zone on their votes. He can not use the pending court case on the pipeline as an excuse to delay it anymore as it got tossed out the window.

Thank you for your fairy tale, it would be funny if this country was not doing so badly thanks to you left wing liberals.

RELH

This is how the debate will go
1. The jobs created in 2014 were mainly minimum wage services jobs part time limited benefits an not valuable to grow the economy.
2. The pigeons will come to roost on the ACA which is not actuarially sound and will fail because younger healthier people are paying the penalty instead of purchasing marketplace health insurance.
3. Unemployment rate lowest since 2008. True but the jobs are paying less and aren't keeping up with inflation rate and are part time jobs.
4. Even though new car sales are up the loan delinquency rate is up .88% so it's all a house of cards.
5. This one I'll actually agree with the rest teabaggers with deflation which were getting close to is dangerous and will shut down the business cycle which is why we create inflation by monetary policy.

It's not all roses as you paint it and it certainly is much more complex than can be described in a short synopsis as this. On the other hand the guys on here that will come on and biotech and whine about how the nation is in ruin aren't any closer than you and they don't sound as happy. Some guys are like athletic teams I've watched in the last 50 years their so used to losing they really can't win and if they do they can't enjoy it. I agree it's pretty good right now but economic problems do exist.

So which states do you think Obama is going to turn red Texas, Nebraska, the Dakotas pretty crimson already aren't they? They fell one vote short in the NE. SC so it did lose but it was pretty much a win by default.

I had already started response #2 before RELH started his post but as you can tell I was close to his predicted response. I have no idea how the generation that are in that is in their 7o's and 80's my dad is 83 won anything with their attitude. That generation got a little lucky and even the simple and not real talented were able to succeed in that economic time frame. Az your ideas sound like you're a young guy, don't let these teabaggers effect your hope, losing is just their nature and they got used to it really hard to break a habit as ingrained as that.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-15 AT 09:42PM (MST)[p]I think you will see more voters in NM turn away from the Democrats as the construction trade there is well established. The unions supported Obama,and the Democrats, if he vetoes the Keystone pipeline, you will see reprisals at the voting booth from members of the Ironworkers, Operating Engineers, Labor union and a few other in the oil and gas fields.

DW, you need a brass pair in order to need a cup for protection from a groin kick. I have not seen a liberal yet that had a brass pair. Most do not have a backbone either. Most of them remind me of Tiny Tim tip-toeing though the tulips.

RELH

P.S. It is also my personal feeling that any idiot that was fool enough to vote twice for Obama, is a idiot whose opinions should be taken with a grain of salt.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-15 AT 10:06PM (MST)[p]Really things are good. I have a 2014 Truck and a 2015 travel trailer and all of my friends have more work than they can do turning it away. Again from you no facts just spiteful opinions.

How many jobs would keystone create??? A handful at most. We sure need a lot more oil now don't we. Vehicles are much more efficient Speaking of energy which is the last president to sign off on a nuclear power plant. A test for you gentleman.

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-15
>AT 10:06?PM (MST)

>
>Really things are good.
>I have a 2014 Truck
>and a 2015 travel trailer
>and all of my friends
> have more work than
>they can do turning it
>away. Again from you
>no facts just spiteful opinions.
>

Lol! I give u #'s and u call them opinions. I have no spite, I'm doing fine, but many and our economy arent, and that's a fact!

What about Chrysler? You did not mention them. So you would agree with Mitt and if so how much would a Ford PU cost if they were the only auto company? Please discuss that with facts.

Had they been left alone to go through bankruptcy by themselves like they should have, they would have came out stronger then they are. What is now to prevent them from doing this again and stealing another 10 billion dollars from us?

DW thanks for article try reading more than a sentence or two. The rest of article pointed out GM profitable 15 straight quarters,had net income of 20 billion(income tax how much?) invested 88 billion in U.S. Factories, hired 3,000 more workers(how much in income tax??) Your article said if government has not stepped in there would have been a loss of 1.9 MILLION jobs and fed and state governments would have lost 39.4 billion in lost tax revenues and food stamp etc payments so I think the 10.5 billion dollar loss you talk about may not be a loss at all. What do you think of YOUR article and facts now??? That is why most of you do not cite facts since you can not. Thanks for trying

And by the way McConnell's a meathead, we can agree on that! Glad your doin well, what is it u do for a livin?

I do not mind paying taxes I have plenty left to help people who do not have insurance. Name a developed country that does not have health care for everyone. P.S. Texas is not a country. Lots of people in this country have government paid health insurance besides Medicaid try Medicare and VA healthcare.

I do but you do not. Bankruptcy liquidation as Romney wanted and Chrysler and GM would not be here since there was no one who was willing to step up and assume their debts and take over the company. Every bank had the chance to do it and if they had done it they would be doing fine now.

Nothing good investment strategy in real estate and stock market and I quit working when I was in my 40's and I have not worked a day since. No time as I hunt 10-12 weeks a year

Teabaggers have to cry that's just their nature. they can't accept the economy could be anything but chitty with a black guy in their house.

Grover gets it, he might be a douche but he's miles ahead of his mouthbreathing followers. it's been a week now republicans figure most people have forgotten what they said last week so Mitch knows it's time to say republicans fixed it. and they're probably right, it didn't take them a week to forget how the republicans left it in '08.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/30/grover-norquist-economy_n_6396682.html

Stay thirsty my friends

They did go bankrupt and if govt did not help they would have been dissolved with no company left and no one to take over assets. They would be nothing but a memory and the only US truck you could buy would be a Ford and I do not think that would be good.

Our economy is not perfect but much better than most of you can admit because that would be giving some credit to POTUS. Oh I forgot McConnell is responsible for any improvement.

You do not read or understand the whole article. I guess Fox news did not report the whole article. Mitt said he wanted a managed bankruptcy. To do that someone has to step up with a ton of money (85 billion) and no one no one wanted any part of it so the government stepped in GM repaid 75 billion and the 10 billion dollar loss is really not a loss just read DW's article that I quote from.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-15 AT 11:33PM (MST)[p]DW, how much taxes will UAW workers and the subs that supply the auto industry pay? what would it have cost if we had decided to let the nips build all our cars and put the UAW workers on unemployment then welfare?

10.5 billion is chump change in the long run. TARP is what's known as an investment. one that paid off.

You're a typical consevatard, why produce what you can import.

Stay thirsty my friends

One guy who likes to stir the pot, and one bent wrist liberal both referred to going back to 2008 and the stock market crash and recession. Don't both of your nitwits know that your own liberal left wing Democrat seeking recognition has laid that disaster at the foot of Bill Clinton. Blowing smoke is your biggest asset.

As for your bull$hit that the economy is doing good just because you are doing good is outright crap. I am doing very good, but I have looked around me and see many families having to tighten the belt then what they did before. I see many that are working two part time jobs just to put beans on the table. You can blow all the smoke you want, but I do not think the middle class will accept it this time.

RELH

Yeah, it's all Bill's fault. it's Bill's fault we have a great economy going............that's bad........I guess........O'tay.

Remember the glory days before the meltdown? where was the blame for Bill's economy then? why didn't you fix it rather than pat yourself on the back? you've dropped to a new low trying this one.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-10-22-bush-economy_x.htm

RELH if you think we're going back to the 60's when you retired you're going to be a sad wingnut. these are the good 'ol days believe me now or believe me later. the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, capitalism is nothing more than a game of monopoly.

Stay thirsty my friends

It is not speculation. The article you cited not mine talks of 88 billion in new plants(someone had to build them)20 billion in net income , 3000 new employees. None of that is speculation those are facts from your article.

Stock market almost tripled in last six years after dropping 50% the previous 8 years. No speculation there just facts.

They aren't into facts.

Rush and FOX tell them everything they need to know, without any of those useless facts.

Stay thirsty my friends

Anyone who doesn't see through McConnells pathetic rhetoric is an idiot, and there are a bunch of them out there.
You can tell what he's going to say before he says it.
Remember when the rightwing went on and on about Obama closing off federal land to oil drilling ?saying.. the reaon they drill in north dakota is because it's private land

I don't think you can measure how sick rightwing lies have become.

Yes the right wingers will lie also, but when it comes to being a liar. No one can beat a liberal. Obama is the proof of that and the poster child for political liars. Piper voted for him twice and got the big stick due to the lies.

RELH

If u don't think driving the price of gas to $8-$10/gal isn't a goal of this administration, u haven't been payin attention.

Sure, about all rightwingers are good at is ruining the economy for working class people, ruining the environment, and inflicting their low value system on everyone in their way.

Look who makes all the noise about selling public land? It isn't Harry Reid, it's not Obama.

Keystone will create "a handful of jobs at most." Thats laughable and spins like a liberal liar. So do tell what those job descriptions are AZbullhunter.

So that's the plan, get the KXL approved and then republicans can say the construction jobs are what recovered the economy.

Once the pipeline is built it will employ about as many people as one local McDonalds. but getting that oil out of the US and to China is worth something I guess.

Stay thirsty my friends

Well here's a fact. If the Obama administration did such a wonderful job with the economy and healthcare, why did they get the boot? Even their own party was so pissed off they didn't even bother to vote.

If everything is so wonderful you better explain it to the voters.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Simple, because no matter how good things are people like you want them better.

Obamacare was supposed to ruin the economy last year, but didn't. and republicans have made repealing it top priority for several years, will they try now that the control congress? if it was job #1 why wasn't it put to a vote last week? were there any votes to make major changes in economic policy? what if anything will change in healthcare or the economy because republicans won congress and a few governors?

That is the question that will answer your question. I can't wait to see it answered can you?

Stay thirsty my friends

What our on board liberal liars are not saying is that the Keystone pipeline will be adding more jobs not connected with the pipeline construction. What about those full time year round jobs that will be added to refine that crude before it ships out overseas. Many jobs will be added in the gulf port states, but since those states are Red states, our liberal Democrats could care less. Just ask one Ex-Democrat female Senator from Louisiana who lost her job because her fellow Democrats did not care.

Piper move your butt to CA. for 2 years and you will not be so supportive of your liberal Democrats. Guess who it is here that would love to have control of federal lands so they could sell it off to support their pet projects in the large cities and have talked about doing so. They already restrict hunting on most state lands.
Guess which political party is trying their best to overturn our Prop. 13 so they can levy higher taxes on residential property that effects the working man, poor to rich.

You better get smart fast and learn that your fellow liberal Democrats could care less about you also.

RELH

I never said the Republicans were going to set the world on fire. All I said was the voters didn't care for how the Obama administration handled the economy and healthcare. Lots of rich people got richer and a bunch of low income people get to sponge off other people to get health insurance. I don't think the voters like Republicans, it's just that they hate Democrats more, at least on that one day.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

You might be right Eel, but if you think the poor didn't do better under democrats than they will under republican rule I'd like to hear your theory on that.

RELH , today rail that oil to refineries in the US for domestic use. but we're much better off to get that oil to a port refinery so we can get that chit off to china where it belongs. brilliant.

You dipchits have them by the throat but you're so stupid you want to help them cut yours. our situation lets us take advantage of logistics and you want to fix that. a few construction jobs today, whoo hoo. are you really stupid enough to think long term we're better off sending oil to asia from N america? canada is bluffing saying they'd just go west with it. maybe someday, but that's an incredible undertaking.

If this happens a few years from now people will say WTF did we do that for? don't we need oil? and your response will be Duhhhhhhh........

Stay thirsty my friends

RELH

I will infuse some facts into your statement about who wants to sell off federal lands.

Please refer to the Dec 14/Jan 15 issue of Hunting Magazine
pps. 17-19. In the article it points out that seven western states have passed legislation to turn all federal lands to the states. It would be great if AZ had control of federal lands right? The same state that closed 1/2 of the state parks and numerous rest areas(outhouses)and is facing a 600 million dollar deficit. What do you think they would do with the federal lands??? Some nice condos in elk country probably

But more important the magazine article pointed out that Paul Ryan's (R) WI budget proposal from 2012 mentioned the "sale of unneeded federal property."

For you folks from Utah "Utah Representative Jason Chafee (R) introduced H.R. 2657 titled "The disposal of Excess Federal Lands Act of 2013." It directs the Secretary of the Interior to sell millions of acres of land in ten Western States. The proceeds would go towards decreasing the national debt. Fortunately, the bill is stalled in committee."

Those are facts easily verified and I do not see any legislation being pushed by the POTUS regarding this.

I would assume the POTUS would veto this bill if passed by Congress.

Do you want to turn Utah into another New Jersey? I do not. I will post this under another subject also as I had planned to do anyway.

I don't think we're signin agreements that say we can never use that oil should we need it? Oh wait I forgot who was negotiatin for us, scratch my last!

Of course we can use it, if we're the highest bidder.

So you want to give them a red carpet across our land to a port with a chink ship waiting. what a brilliant buying stategy for us .

Stay thirsty my friends

AZbullhunter, you are talking about Utah and your state, I am talking about the Democrat law makers we have in CA. Some of them are already on record for saying they would sell off public land. Your Democrats are not the saints you paint them to be. Stop your party voting and vote for the man/woman and their record. Or you can continue to be a liberal and get it stuck to you again just like Obama has done with his con job. Did you vote twice for Obama also?

RELH

I am glad you posted an unbiased report. I really do not care if they build it or not will not effect me much. It is not the great job creator some say it is but really it is just a political show on both sides. There are gasoline pipelines all over and they require little upkeep until they burst. Kinder Morgan a big player in that field. By the way I vote both parties just whoever I think will help the country the most. Are you better off now or under GWB and Cheney?

What part of 10 states don't you understand? It is not about AZ and Utah but all the western states. People from Utah might like their state sold off so more CMU tags can issued to the rich and less tags to the general public. I am glad we threw the tag grab Utahans out of AZ when they tried the tag grab a few years ago.

AZbullhunter, you better inform your neighbor Democrat Senator Harry Reid as he does not see eye to eye with you on this subject. Instead of posting here, you would be better off sending old Harry a few letters to tell him how you feel on this subject. While you are at it, send a few letters to all the Senators that support selling off public land, lets not show any favoritism between Democrat and GOP.

RELH

The only bill introduced was by a republican not Harry Reid Also Paul Ryan's budget proposal mentioned selling off federal land Obama's budget proposal did not. Please tell me which democrat introduced legislation to sell federal land. I gave you the number of the bill and who introduced it and he is a Republican from Idaho.

TR had to fight republicans for the better share of the public lands we have today. they're still butthurt over it and won't ever give up.

Stay thirsty my friends

AZbullhunter, It is apparent that you are very na?ve about the economy and politics. Today we are faced with a debt amounting to over 17 trillion dollars that Obama helped to increase at a substantial rate.

In order to pay off that debt there is few options left for Congress. One would be to raise federal taxes by a substantial rate. Any idiot knows that will not curry favor with the voters and they will revoke enough to oust any members of Congress that supported the raising of taxes to the level needed to cover the debt.

Another option would be to sell off goods to keep the business from going bankrupt. What is the goods that the federal government has an ample supply of, that's right, land, lots of land. This is where the big cities come into play. They have millions of voters that would support selling off the land as opposed to raising their taxes as they do not value the public land as we do and figure it would be the lessor evil to do.

Most of those cities are under the jurisdiction of Democrat members of Congress and what do you think that Democrat will do in order to protect his job. This goes for GOP members as well. They will do what ever it takes to keep their seat in Congress and you and the rest of us that want our land to stay public can go to hell as WE ARE THE MINORITY IN THIS MATTER. It was far different in TR's day as there was more people who valued public land in that day and time.

I am telling you now, that if you are in your 50's or less in age, you are going to see public land being put up on the auction block and sold and will see both Democrats and GOP supporting it.

I am so convinced that we can not avoid this due to watching how our government operates over the past 67 years, I think it is a moot issue and choose not to fight it as we are not going to win this one. Maybe those GOP Senators are more practical and honest about the issue then your Democrats are. You can mark my word, when this happens, your Democrats will be right in the forefront pushing the idea to save their collective A$$es but will be lying to you by saying they have no choice in the matter.

I am done with this argument as the argument is useless as is preventing the sale of our public lands. You can bury your head if you wish.

RELH

Who says we have to pay the debt off? who says we even intend to? or do you still think the new congress is going to do something about it? that's cute.

I'm in my early 50's. I won't see public land sold off any different than it is today. we as hunters might be outnumbered, but the greenies outnumber us. they don't want T Boone owning their land and he won't.

Stay thirsty my friends

As always with you pure speculation and I have heard it since Obama was elected. Your speculation and others like you is why gun prices and ammo skyrocketed. You guys are so negative please deal with facts as stated earlier only Republicans have taken any steps to sell land. that is a fact not a prediction like you deal with. Why don't you move?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom