McGregor Range Oryx

N

NDhunter

Is anyone going to be down on the McGregor range next month hunting oryx? It is about a month away and I am getting pumped! Would love to hear from anyone who has been down there and wouldn't mind sharing some info. Got a pretty detailed info packet from the guys at Ft Bliss last month which seems like a good start, but you can't have too much info. Thanks, Ed.

Did you draw a Military hunt? Brian Locke the biologist will be a great source of information.

Lots of country there and they can be anywhere. Will you be able to do any pre season scouting?

Paul, yes I did draw one of the mil-only tags. I have been talking with Brian since I found out I drew, and he has given me lots of good info. He is pretty confident that if your eyes work you should see oryx, I hope he is right, a 2 day season isn't long. I do plan on doing some scouting, hopefully I will show up on Wed night, scout Thurs/Fri and then hunt the weekend if there is no training going on. I just wish the season was longer, I have 64.5 days of vacation, no more hunting trips to go on, and I am not going to waste it sitting around on a beach somewhere looking at sand and water.

Its all about glassing out there. High powered binocs on a tripod are a good way to go.

We saw several on the north end during a early season antelope hunt. PAblackbear on this site may have drawn a military tag also.

Good luck

ND,
Like Paul said, make sure you have good glass. I hunted antelope there in Sept & saw quite a few Oryx. I'll be out there in a few weeks chasing Javelina & will make a note if I see any Oryx. There are 38 leftover Military only tags that will be available 16 Dec 08. They're going to go quick. PAblackbear is going to try to pick one up & if he does NMPaul & I may go with him. Keep in touch & look us up when you get to town. Where are you staying? I could get you a room in billeting at Holloman if needed. Shoot me a PM if you want.--Kevin

Kevin- you have the RC hunt next week right? I will be on that hunt staying at the super 8, look for my Tan 4 door f350 on the base... God luck email me a pic!

I have a hunter on the RC hunt only has 1 day to hunt...

www.200inches.com

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom