MDF/DWR DEER COLLARING PROJECTS

slamdunk

The Mule Deer Foundation with our great partners the DWR will be capturing and collaring and releasing several deer around the state in the next few weeks. We are able to determine so much from these collars migration routes, what Is causing mortality of these deer and how we can improve habitat where needed. If you'd like to get involved email Darren West at [email protected] or message me and I'll make sure your name gets passed along to the right people.
Below is a list of location projects.

71234fbimg1575507868381.jpg

78718fbimg1575507929637.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-19 AT 07:25AM (MST)[p]Slam this is a good start for are deer and elk herds

I got invited to go out there in the book cliffs and help but unfortunately I couldn't go I really wanted to help and see what they do hopefully next time I can go.

I do hope they can figure out what is going on not only out in the Book cliffs but state wide.

Thanks slam

They should do it on the Salt Lake Front. Wait, never-mind the winter grounds got cut off back in the 70?s and 80?s.

Slam
I'd love to volunteer and get involved in the near future for a project.
I'll message you my contact info.

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

>They should do it on the
>Salt Lake Front. Wait, never-mind
>the winter grounds got cut
>off back in the 70?s
>and 80?s.

Unfortunately you are correct.

The MDF used to to Urban Deer Transplants in partnership with the Division, but the DNR has cut this program out and has adopted specific archery groups to remove problematic
urban deer lethally.

How many times have we heard that mule deer can't handle this kind of stress and will die? That was the majority reason for shutting down the Bountiful relocation efforts and others. Now it's ok to do?

Can't wait for the results to pin point the exact wintering locations for all the ATV riding shed hunting tards to ruin.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom