MDF Guzzler Needs Fixin—Put up or shut up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airborne

I was walking the hills this weekend and checked in on a big game guzzler I know about. Looks like the snow last year busted it. It’s needs fixin. Since we have some MDF folks here and this guzzler was funded by them I figured I would post it here. It’s in Utah county. Send me a PM if you can coordinate to fix it and I will give ya the location. Maybe somebody can work with the DWR and get some dedicated hunters to help. I’m happy to help but would have to be after bird season. It’s a well used guzzler and I hope we can get it fixed. Gonna be a bit of a hike if your thick around the middle 😁
IMG_4088.jpeg
IMG_4087.jpeg

No problem! It’s just going to cost you the following:

IMG_0282.jpeg

And 85 selfies.

Shoddy work for sure. Looks like they cut corners during construction to pocket more of the $$$$ no doubt. I’ve never seen a RMEF guzzler break apart like that.

Hey they’ve been working hard this year to save the muledeer herds by taking scopes off muzzleloaders. They are very tired from that effort. Maybe remind them a year from now when they are all rested up and have replenished the bank accounts by means of stealing from the public.

I was walking the hills this weekend and checked in on a big game guzzler I know about. Looks like the snow last year busted it. It’s needs fixin. Since we have some MDF folks here and this guzzler was funded by them I figured I would post it here. It’s in Utah county. Send me a PM if you can coordinate to fix it and I will give ya the location. Maybe somebody can work with the DWR and get some dedicated hunters to help. I’m happy to help but would have to be after bird season. It’s a well used guzzler and I hope we can get it fixed. Gonna be a bit of a hike if your thick around the middle 😁View attachment 130075View attachment 130076
I'll pass this along to our project coordinator, it'll get done.
Thank you.

Hey they’ve been working hard this year to save the muledeer herds by taking scopes off muzzleloaders. They are very tired from that effort. Maybe remind them a year from now when they are all rested up and have replenished the bank accounts by means of stealing from the public.
Since you're such a rocket scientist, please explain how MDF and anything to do with taking MZ scopes off?

The title of this is "put up or shut up".
And since you can't back up your the garbage you spew from your pie hole, I suggest you take the "shut up" approach.

I believe I know where this one is but if you let me know I’d like to get up and fix it before we get more snow, this apron get 20+ feet of snow on it and sinks the posts, and don’t appreciate the bashing on MDF, we put guzzlers all over the state and can’t get out and check all of them every year!

No problem! It’s just going to cost you the following:

View attachment 130081

And 85 selfies.

Shoddy work for sure. Looks like they cut corners during construction to pocket more of the $$$$ no doubt. I’ve never seen a RMEF guzzler break apart like that.
Don’t see you out there helping install them, not shoddy work btw, this guzzler gets a ton of snow on it every year and the ground doesn’t have a rock layer under the dirt, we have tried many things in the past and trying to come up with something that will work. Message me your number and when we hike up to it I’ll let you know when so you can come help!

Last edited:
What about some rebar through the holes in post?
I know of one in the desert that had the posts sink and have been brainstorming ideas.
It's worse than this one.

Don’t see you out there helping install them, not shoddy work btw, this guzzler gets a ton of snow on it every year and the ground doesn’t have a rock layer under the dirt, we have tried many things in the past and trying to come up with something that will work. Message me your number and when we hike up to it I’ll let you know when so you can come help!
He's resides in Alaska and has no business even making comments.
Brush him off, he's a waste of time.

I'm not here to bash the MDF--I really would like to see this guzzler fixed--that's about it
Thank you for making us aware of this, and we'd love to have you help rebuild it if you're available.
PM me or eurosbyRT and we'll keep you informed.

Since you're such a rocket scientist, please explain how MDF and anything to do with taking MZ scopes off?

The title of this is "put up or shut up".
And since you can't back up your the garbage you spew from your pie hole, I suggest you take the "shut up" approach.
Were you not in the cool bois club as a representative of MDF who voted to remove scopes?

I believe I know where this one is but if you let me know I’d like to get up and fix it before we get more snow, this apron get 20+ feet of snow on it and sinks the posts, and don’t appreciate the bashing on MDF, we put guzzlers all over the state and can’t get out and check all of them every year!
It’s the least you could do for the wildlife you help make a decent profit off every year.

Reactions: SS!
I'm not going over this with you, you should have followed along on what my vote was.

Nor was I representing MDF.
hmmm…. Not according to the list I saw. But continue with your denial. That’s very average for you.

hmmm…. Not according to the list I saw. But continue with your denial. That’s very average for you.
Denial?
Please explain since you're so educated on the process
This out to be good seeing you tell me what my position is 🤣

Last edited:
It’s the least you could do for the wildlife you help make a decent profit off every year.
Do you have any clue!! Money raised goes into the ground!! We put in over 1.9 million this last year alone, we paid a lot of $$ for winter feeding! Don’t see you out there doing anything to help!!!!

Do you have any clue!! Money raised goes into the ground!! We put in over 1.9 million this last year alone, we paid a lot of $$ for winter feeding! Don’t see you out there doing anything to help!!!!
And yet you guys remain so humble. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

And how was that money raised? At the expense of public opportunity and wildlife. 1.9 million out of how much total? Why did only a few select herds get fed when at least half of the state was struggling?

The public sure seems to give up a lot (not by choice) for you to do your “work”. You’re welcome.

Denial?
Please explain since you're so educated on the process
This out to be good seeing you tell me what my position is 🤣
Ok Douglas Peterson, MDF representative on the technology committee who voted to have a scope restriction on muzzleloaders instead of voting to leave things as is… which circles us back to my original comment on this post. Way to save the deer! I’m sure in just a year from now we will see major improvements. Maybe we will get lucky and finally see the promised improvements of the 2012 change where we lost region wide hunting and went to unit by unit management. The scopes might finally be the final puzzle piece that will turn the muledeer trend from crashing into the ground! 🤞🏼

Ok Douglas Peterson, MDF representative on the technology committee who voted to have a scope restriction on muzzleloaders instead of voting to leave things as is… which circles us back to my original comment on this post. Way to save the deer! I’m sure in just a year from now we will see major improvements. Maybe we will get lucky and finally see the promised improvements of the 2012 change where we lost region wide hunting and went to unit by unit management. The scopes might finally be the final puzzle piece that will turn the muledeer trend from crashing into the ground! 🤞🏼
Lol....if you had been following along, you would have seen that I made it clear I was not representing MDF at all.....maybe you were out sick that day?

Being late to a party really sux, right bux n dux, aka Shaun Larsen?

And possibly sick on all 6000 times it was stated by me and numerous others that the MZ scope retraction had absolutely nothing to do with rebounding deer.

Let me give you an anatomy education.....bucks don't have babies, therefore reducing buck harvest does nothing for overall deer numbers.

I realize that's probably too much for your small brain to absorb, but take a few ibuprofen to curb the headache from the newly gained knowledge and you should be fine.

I'm not going to waste another minute of my life trying to go backwards and explain to you how the voting worked, its over and old news.
Especially to a convicted poacher of which I have absolutely zero respect for.

You are the LAST person on this forum to be preaching anything.......and I mean anything.

This is my last comment to you ever, you're not worth my time.
Good riddance👋

Last edited:
Lol....if you had been following along, you would have seen that I made it clear I was not representing MDF at all.....maybe you were out sick that day?

Being late to a party really sux, right bux n dux, aka Shaun Larsen?

And possibly sick on all 6000 times it was stated by me and numerous others that the MZ scope retraction had absolutely nothing to do with rebounding deer.

Let me give you an anatomy education.....bucks don't have babies, therefore reducing buck harvest does nothing for overall deer numbers.

I realize that's probably too much for your small brain to absorb, but take a few ibuprofen to curb the headache from the newly gained knowledge and you should be fine.

I'm not going to waste another minute of my life trying to go backwards and explain to you how the voting worked, its over and old news.
Especially to a convicted poacher of which I have absolutely zero respect for.

You are the LAST person on this forum to be preaching anything.......and I mean anything.

This is my last comment to you ever, you're not worth my time.
Good riddance👋
Oh no! You have no idea how much sleep I will lose over you not respecting me! Where do I go from here!

Gosh, it’s so easy to get your panties all waded up. It’s not even that fun anymore. You’re so predictable.

I thought you said that like 2 months ago, yet here we are 🤣

P.s. you rub shoulders (and probably other things) with quite a few “convicted poachers”. Some guilty of things far worse than anything I’ve even thought about doing. I’m sure you already know that though, given you think you already know everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom