MEAT GRINDERS

7mmULTRAMAG

Has anyone used the electric meat grinder from Cabelas that is priced at $99.00? Any suggestions of other good meat grinders that are priced about the same?

Thank you.
Jeff

I got a factory refurbished one from LEM http://lemproducts.com/ for, I think it was $59. I used it to grind up some venison and I mixed it with some ground beef. Turned out really good. Didn't have any trouble with it. I don't make a heck of a lot at any one time, so I figured the little one would work okay for me, and so far - it has. You should check out thier website and see what it says about their grinders.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

I have one from Cabelas little (2 lbs per minute)that's 5 or 6 years old and I am surprised how much meat it can grind compared to a big cabelas grinder (8 lbs per minute).

I grind it, run it through the sausage stuffer and dirrectly into a bag all in one shot. The little grinder was getting 1 lb every 2 minutes. The bigger grinder got 1 lb every 1:45 minutes.

I really thought that the big one would run off and leave the little one, but it made about a 15 second per pound difference.

I was running both of them and had sharpened the blades on both of them, so it must be something to do with how the big grinder handles back pressure.

The little grinder cleaned up so much faster and was easier to handle, so I think the time works out to be the same.

"Easy now keep the croshairs right behind his shoulder & squeeze" I bought the 2.5 hp Lem for around 160.00 from Bass Pro. I have only used it once so far, but it was very fast, and extremely easy to clean.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom