Meat Pack Review

elknut

We recently put both a ?Bull Pac? (Regular Bull) and ?Cabela?s? (Alaskan) to work in AK and Utah. When I first received both packs I really preferred Cabala?s; I liked the support in the belt system, it's wider and overall felt good without a load. I thought I had over paid ($75) for the Bull Pac. Well after moving a moose and a bull elk, hands down the Bull Pac came out on top. The overall frame is smaller and for me centers the weight much better (with a load) even after we made adjustments to Cabela?s it's still long. The hooks on each side of the Bull Pac allow you to use one tie (about 15? long) and lace the meat in like a boot, saves time and holds the load very secure. We ended up packing out camp to a lake and the hard shelf of the Bull Pac secured a full cooler (Cabela?s would not allow a wide load due to the shelf straps). Plus, clean-up is much faster with the Bull Pac, the belt system is smaller and the type of material they use sheds the water faster. I felt the extra cost was worth it.

Overall both packs performed without any problems and we put about as much meat on them as anyone would.

470903d75942db34.jpg
(her rack without the pack - however each elk Q fit perfect)

4709049c5b051e8a.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom