Meat Picure

HiMtnHntr

Very Active Member
This picture is to accompany post titled, "meat question." Thanks for your input.

4577035412e8a0db.jpg

In reality, I wouldn't sweat it much unless you are eating it "Sushi Style".
I've been in the meat business for over 28 years.
I know for a fact that you and I both have eaten some "undesirable delicacies" in our term as carnivores.
I've seen puss bags, ulcers, worms, abcesses and a whole assortment of lovely additions to USDA inspected meat and we won't even talk about seafood!
It's nature, and until we all start to enjoy soylent green wafers, that's just the way it is.
I'd just recommend cooking that particular animal rather well done!
HH

did it move at all?
if not then it may be a type of cyst and I say for sure if their a bunch!
rm

Can't help you on what it is, HiMtn, but I will say the steak looks delicious!

Rump

Oooh, meat that makes it's own gravy! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........!!! Pop it for a taste sensation!!!!
Eric
deerline.gif

HH,

I know what ya mean about the seafood... I once cooked up some fresh salmon for my mom and two brothers, it was delicious but after about 10 minutes into dinner we kinda lost our appetite when we found long skinny white worms in the fish.

horsepoop.gif

Thanks for the input. The guess of some of my friends is some kind of fatty deposit. The ones I've run into have been cut out of the meat. Otherwise the meat is tiptop and ready for the grill.

It didn't look like anything bad , infact the meat looks real good and clean . I say enjoy!

Jon,

I cant believe you posted a picture on MM!! Finally after 5,6,7 years?!!
Did you have it tested?
I wouldnt worry about it, just cut out those white spots and the rest should be fine?
Was this your cow tag filled?

Jeff

Hey Jeff,
Just curious to know if anyone had run across something like this and could tell me exactly what it is, as I've butchered a fair share of critters and have never seen it. That meat is from a doe, I'm heading up this weekend for the cow.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom