Meat Processors in Salt Lake area

VTelkchaser

Not to copy 3blades post but it did get me to thinking.

I have been taking my elk and deer to Clay Myers for years and like the fact they shrink wrap their cuts. BUT the past two years in a row I am positive I have not gotten just my elk back. I say this because I will take two packages of stakes or burger out of the free and one package will be great and one will smell so rank I will have to throw it out. The first year I thought it a bit odd the second year in a row is a problem.

So, with that said Im looking for a new butcher and would very much appreciate suggestions in the Salt Lake and surrounding areas.

Thanks

I am a little futher north, closer to Ogden. But, we have always have had really good luck with our beef cows and wild game with C&S Meat out of the Hooper/Roy area. They use the shrink wrap system as well and the meat stays good for years...

Their wild game salami is really good. I will have to admit though, not a huge fan of their jerky. I like the jerky from Champion Meats in Riverdale a lot better.

Probably too far away, but I thought I would at least share.

Thompson Smoke House in Erda (Tooele area) and I believe they just opened one in Ogden area. They do great work and if you are looking for salami, peperonni sticks or jerky, they are hard to beat!!!

Have used them for years and have never been disappointed. That is in price and quility of their finished product.

I hear what you are saying about Myers. We used to take are ducks and geese there to get made into jerky and it was great jerky for duck and goose meat. We know it wasnt all our meat they gave us because when we would go in to get our jerky they would just have us go back to a barrel and grab close to the amount of meat we brought in and take it.

You probably ended up with our ducks and geese and we were eating your big game. Sorry, but I think that is the truth. It was an awsome deal for us, but bad for anyone else that had meat there.

I use JB Custom Meats in South Jordan. He did a great job on my elk 2 years ago, garantees you get your own animal back, and his salami is pretty good.

sled_guy

If this is the place I'm thinking about, I herd they were shutting their doors? The place is run buy and guy and his two sons?

I don't know, I haven't talked to them this year. I know they only do wild game during certain times of the year. They did a great job for me, hope they aren't closing.

sled_guy

I've taken all my animals to clay meiers the last 10 years and have never been disappointed. They are not closing the doors took my archery buck there a few days ago. Good people and they do a great job.

I got sick of dealing with Clay Meirs and the other places around Salt Lake . I had done a little meat cutting at a butcher shop when I was in school , so I figured I'm going to do it all myself .

I picked up some big cutting boards , grinder from Cabelas , all ready had the good cutting knifes from that job 20 years prior .

I cut it and grind the rest in my garage during the evening hours when it cools down and there are no bugs out . It takes me a little bit of time , but I get it done just like I want it , and I know for sure that I'm getting my game back .

The supplies I had to buy where paid for after two seasons of what I would have spent at Clay Meirs .

"You probably ended up with our ducks and geese and we were eating your big game. Sorry, but I think that is the truth. It was an awsome deal for us, but bad for anyone else that had meat there"

If a so called "Meat Cutter" does that, he ought to be thrown in jail!!!

JB Meat cutters has been fantastic for me...Clay Meyers I would not reccomend..ALSO Hunsaker Meats DO NOT use them...not only are they horrible, they are some of the most arrogent people I have ever met.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom