Meat Processors

gdog

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-13 AT 11:54PM (MST)[p]What's your favorite meat processor (if you don't do it yourself)? Anyone know of someone with a meat locker in Heber?

I live in Sandy, but will be hunting out Heber way....

I'm curious to know as well. I have been taking my elk down to Draper to have it done (I'll butcher my deer, but elk are just more work than I enjoy), but would to find something in the Heber Valley.

Dont mean to highjack but a quick question before I call the butcher. Have you guys ever had a butcher that will hold your animal in their cooler for a couple days. I cut up all my own meat but I am really worried about spoilage and dont see the point of paying for something I can just do myself. I dont know how things are in Utah but back home I have done this. Obviously it will cost something but just wondering.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-13 AT 10:54AM (MST)[p]kxkammo...same situation...normally I'd do it myself if later in the season and cooler out. Just concerned I need to get this turned around fast.

I'm not looking for someone to make sausage & jerky...just cut and wrap quick.

Not in heber, but have had great experiences with Springville meat.

kxkammo-I know there are meat lockers where you can do as you explained but have never used one. I had a few in my old phone in southern Utah just in case, but never needed one.

I've also had good experiences with Springville Meats. I was very impressed 2 years ago when I called them to see how late they were open. They said they closed in 20 minutes, but I was 45 minutes out. They told me that they would wait for me to get there and they did! I thought that was great! I've had them do 2 deer and 1 elk for me.

4 point meat locker
Monticello
SJ unit.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>Dont mean to highjack but a
>quick question before I call
>the butcher. Have you
>guys ever had a butcher
>that will hold your animal
>in their cooler for a
>couple days. I cut
>up all my own meat
>but I am really worried
>about spoilage and dont see
>the point of paying for
>something I can just do
>myself. I dont know
>how things are in Utah
>but back home I have
>done this. Obviously it
>will cost something but just
>wondering.

I cut my own meat every year and as far as keeping it cold I have an old fridge in my garage with the shelves out of it. I can fit a whole Elk quartered in it if you stack it right. one year I had an Elk and a lope in it at the same time it was tight.

Where do you live and how much do you charge? :)

>>Dont mean to highjack but a
>>quick question before I call
>>the butcher. Have you
>>guys ever had a butcher
>>that will hold your animal
>>in their cooler for a
>>couple days. I cut
>>up all my own meat
>>but I am really worried
>>about spoilage and dont see
>>the point of paying for
>>something I can just do
>>myself. I dont know
>>how things are in Utah
>>but back home I have
>>done this. Obviously it
>>will cost something but just
>>wondering.
>
>
>I cut my own meat every
>year and as far as
>keeping it cold I have
>an old fridge in my
>garage with the shelves out
>of it. I can fit
>a whole Elk quartered in
>it if you stack it
>right. one year I had
>an Elk and a lope
>in it at the same
>time it was tight.

JRS in Orem, hands down the best, way better than Springville or anyplace else!!!!! 8016525413 his name is Jared

Skull Designs: Quality European Mounts at affordable prices

>4 point meat locker
>Monticello
>SJ unit.
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Oh GAWD!

You know the Ole Gal there Huh GATOR?:D

Founder just Banned My Signature!
Hang in there!
I'm working on another one!:D

That 4 Point Meat Locker is where I tried Nicely to have her cut Our Camp Meat up!

Next thing I knew I was in CUFFS!:D

Founder just Banned My Signature!
Hang in there!
I'm working on another one!:D

I used this guy in Midway last year. He did a great job and was pretty quick.
His name is Dave
(435) 671-2029

Traditional >>>------->

They do a great job at 4 point. Lisa runs a tight ship.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Our family uses Gary's Meats in Payson also. We take in 4 - 7 beef every year and usually a couple Deer and an Elk or two. I'v had very good luck there. Only complaint I ever had was to much fat in the burger on an old buck my son got, was no big deal tho. Just took in the wife's cow Elk last week cant wait for the thing to be done.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom