Meopta Meostar Binoculars

rotorhead

LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-09 AT 01:57PM (MST)[p]I am looking at buying the Meopta meostar 10x42 binoculars. Does anyone own a pair of these, or has anyone tried these binoculars out? If anyone has any likes or dislikes please let me know! Sorry I don't want to hear about swaro's, lieca or any others!

I own the Cabela's Euro 10x42s, which I believe are Meopta Meostar glass. I love the binos and would put them up against any of the aforementioned brands.
Much like most of the mid-range glass (~$700-1000), the difference to the top brands is minimal at best.

Overall, great bino for the $

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

I, too, have the Cabela's Euro 10x42. They are awesome glass! I believe the Cabela's are $100+ cheaper than the Meoptas (not sure why there is a price difference for the same bino). I'd say they are 99% of the Big 3. VERY good optics for the money.

Thanks guys for the posts! Everything I have read about these binoculars has been really good. I think I am going to go with the cabelas euro's also, for the same glass and to save a $100 bucks why not!

Too bad you weren't buying a month ago. Cabela's had the 10x42 Euros for $699.99 and were offering a $150.00 gift card with purchase. Still a good buy on great glass though.

That would be nice! Hopefully they will have that sale again, here in the near future! That would really make my wife a little happier about me buying new binos!

I have had the Euros for three years now and love them. For the price you can not go wrong. Plus you get the Cabelas warranty.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-09 AT 03:09PM (MST)[p]Just an FYI. I received a flyer in the mail yesterday from Cabela's showing the Lehi, Utah store has 10x42 Euros on sale again for $699.99. There's also a promotion going through the 18th where you can get a $100.00 off purchases over $500.00 if you use your Cabela's Club Visa.

Don't know where you're located or if you have a Cabela's Visa, but if you do and you're still in the market, that's probably as "cheap' as you'll ever find them.

I'm not suggesting you go into debt to get them, but would put them on your card to get the additional discount and then pay it off when it comes due.

Best of luck.

Just got back from Cabella's with a pair of Euros. Great binoculars for the money. Got mine from bargain cave dropped to $545 and with employee pricing coupon they have out now until Jan 2nd, dropped it another $90. If you have access to a Cabella's store I would definately check out what they have.

Cabela's Euro is the same binocular as the Meopta. Just different color armor and the logo is different. Cabela's got a deal from Meopta since Cabela's will handle warranty responsibility, not Meopta. Since Cabela's warranty is not too shabby, Cabela's must not be real worried about much warranty work. For whatever reason Cabela's feels no need to offer the 7x or 8x.

I see no need in this world to spend more money for a binocular than the price of a Meopta.