Mescalero Elk News

M

muygrande1

Aren't these high dollar hunts running now? Only rumor I have are of a 411 and a 380 with the rest dropping off to the 320's. Have no confirmation but if true that sounds like an OFF year for the rez?

What say ya'll?

I am doing a sas project and the G&F has some monsters lined up along the wall. Not sure if it is worth $15k, but cool to see.

I was on a hunt the last few days with a guy from Idaho that hunted the Mescalero a week ago and killed a 330 bull on the last day.

I've been texting my buddy who is a tribal guide and he says the biggest bull they've taken so far is in the 380 range. Overall average he says is running 350. His hunters have seen alot of big bulls but just couldn't close the deal. It does seem odd that this year seems down when you consider how much moisture they received this year. Tribal hunts start on Friday so hopefully he has some success on his hunt

MBBGH

I believe about 35 Bull tags. Not sure on average per year, but that is what my buddy told me they allocated to tribal bull hunts.

MBBGH

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom