Mexico is angry

D

D13er

State of Sonora is angry at Influx of Mexicans into Mexico.

Nine state legislators from the Mexican state of Sonora traveled to Tucson to complain about Arizona 's new employer crackdown on illegals from Mexico.

It seems that many Mexican illegals are now returning to their hometowns and the officials in the Sonora state government are ticked off about it.
A delegation of nine state legislators from Sonora was in Tucson on Tuesday to say&nbs p;Arizona 's new employer sanctions law will have a devastating effect on the Mexican state.

At a news conference, the legislators said Sonora - Arizona 's southern neighbor, made up of mostly small towns - cannot handle the demand for housing, jobs and schools it will face as illegal Mexican workers here return to their hometowns without jobs or money.

The law, which took effect Jan.1, punishes employers who knowingly hire individuals who don't have valid legal documents to work in the United States. Penalties include suspension of, or loss of, their business license.

The Mexican legislators are angry because their own citizens are returning to their hometowns, placing a burden on their state government.

'How can they pass a law like this?' asked Mexican Rep. Leticia Amparano-Gamez, who represents Nogales.

'There is not one person living in Sonora who does not have a friend or relative working in Arizona ,' she said, speaking only in Spanish.

'Mexico is not prepared for this, for the tremendous problems it will face as more and more Mexicans working in Arizona and sending money to their families return to hometowns in Sonora without jobs,' she said.
'We are one family, socially and economically,' she said of the people of Sonora and Arizona.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I wish Wyoming would pass an employer sanction law, I don't blame Mexico for being mad, I blame many in this country for their incredible greed, bringing all this illegal immigration in the first place. I talked two a couple cops yesterday and they said they just gave out a couple tickets to illegals for driving without licenses, a hundred dollar ticket and off they go. And now I read where a pot bellied sheriff in S.C. wants to bring charges agains't Michael Phelps for a picture of him using a bong, Amazing what a country!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-09 AT 08:28PM (MST)[p]It just shows that there is an upside to every recession.:)

Edit: If this trend continues maybe Mexico will build the fence?

Eel

Eel,
Good point maybe, some our unemployed can cross and get some work dowm there.

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

>I wish Wyoming would pass an
>employer sanction law, I
>don't blame Mexico for being
>mad, I blame many
>in this country for their
>incredible greed, bringing all this
>illegal immigration in the first
>place. I talked two
>a couple cops yesterday and
>they said they just gave
>out a couple tickets to
>illegals for driving without licenses,
> a hundred dollar ticket
>and off they go.
>And now I read where
>a pot bellied sheriff in
>S.C. wants to bring charges
>agains't Michael Phelps for a
>picture of him using a
>bong, Amazing what
>a country!

What is your point?? Am I missing something?

498a6f395e505405.jpg

Piper if you are ticked off on the lack of local law enforcement failing to arrest illegal aliens, go yell at your left wing liberals who work for the ACLU.
Any time they notice local law enforcement inforcing immigration laws, they send the agency a nasty letter telling them that they are watching them with a microscope and the first time they make a mistake, big lawsuit coming down the pike.
As a result, the powers to be tell the cops to turn their head and let the Feds worry about it. I have seen the letters that were sent to my Dept. That sheriff told them to go "F" themselfs in a nice way, but others have not.

RELH

This isn't a partisan issue, if it was Bush had 6 years of full control and could have used some of that political capitol he spoke of to fix it.

They all want the hispanic vote, so they dance around on the issue depending what color the crowd is and where they're speaking. as the hispanic population grows don't expect anything to change.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom